Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bread making motivation?

OK, folks, this one will be kinda random, lol. I'm carefully crafting another post (in my OCD kinda way) but can't get it to 'jell' so here's a stand-by.

My new goal is to make at least some of the family's bread. I don't have a bread maker and don't think that I'd like 'em (I have a clothes dryer and a dishwasher that I almost never use), preferring to do some things by hand.

Now ... how to get motivated. I've gleaned a few fabulous recipes off of various websites and been encouraged by recent talk of breadmaking on one of my Yahoo newsgroups and my BabyCenter Large Family board. But I can't seem to get started.

Part of my problem is that I make biscuits and cornbread but dear hubby only eats one. The babies eat one. Then I'm left with 4-6 pieces of bread which disappear down my throat. Loaded with BUTTER! I'm terrified that if I start making fresh bread, that I'll become a bread junkie and be creeping about in the night with a bit of toast with honey on. *blush*

I also don't have any bread pans. Hmmmm ... maybe I should put off until I can find some at the thrift. Then there's the time consideration. You have to let bread rise.

I just don't know. Aaaaghh - where'd all this indecision come from? Jeez!

I also have decided to make two dedicated pages (linked to this blog) for a cloth diapering FAQ (my experience with it, anyway) and a 'tips and tricks' page with things in such as my 'stretches' down below. What do you think of that? Helpful? No?

Well, have a happy New Year dear fellow ThriftyChiks!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 2:32 pm   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home