Friday, June 26, 2009

In which much rambling and parentheses occur

Good morning.  It's gonna be a long day, I'm afraid. Farrah Fawcett is dead, Michael Jackson is dead, and it's like bits of my youth are slipping away.  Apparently others feel the same judging my the meloncholy tweets and blog posts this morning.

To top it off, I was up at 3 a.m. after having a terrible nightmare (I have nightmares all the time - in fact I never 'dream' at all, I just have nightmares. I have the occasional one about the children [as I did this morning - Fiver was lost in a huge convention center-like place and Bodog and I were running everywhere among the crowds of strangers, calling his name] and those always leave me wide awake and jumpy.  It takes several hours to get over the uneasy feeling. So I'm blogging!  yay!)

Anyway, in persuit of my new Steampunk / Dieselpunk adventures, I've been collecting ephemera for possible art projects; old machines and watches for same (or, ohh, maybe jewelry!) and gleefully taking them apart (to my detriment. Managed to slash two fingers open AND bleed all over my dining room table and a watch movement yesterday.  It did feel v. Sylar-ish, though, which was cool.  Mmmm, Sylar ... )

Where was I?

Oh, anyway, I also found some excellent brushes and vectors for Graphic Designs (assuming I can come up with some) to try out on t-shirts.

Here's my Steampunk Gal:

Victorian steampunk space girl with train from Evil Genius Tees


Jules Verne and H. G. Wells would be proud.  This vintage Victorian equestrienne, who is hurrying her horse along to catch the train, sports a nifty retro space helmet and ray gun. Cool!  I had a lot of fun doing this one.

Here's the Victorian steampunk space girl on one of Zazzle's gorgeous, colourful mugs:

Evil Genius Tees goes steampunk! Vintage horsewoman with retro space helmet and ray gun.
Hopefully I'll be able to come up with - and have the time to do - more steampunk soon.
Right. Enough with the pimping. How is your morning going?  I know a lot of you do Etsy; how much of a pain in the backside is it?  Jewelry makers, what do you suggest I use to stick together diverse materials like plastic and metal?  I'm inordinately excited at the prospect of getting to use epoxy, lol!  My next blog post will probably have me reporting that I glued my cut fingers together. *rolls eyes*

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 5:31 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home