Thursday, November 05, 2009

Warning: long post, last one for a bit!

Sorry, but this is gonna be a long one and may be one of my few posts in the whole month of November. No rants are included today, though! :D

Not only am I behind in my posting of Gratuitus Baby Pics, but I also have taken the plunge this year and am participating in NaNoWriMo!

Yep, I have officially lost my mind!  I have wanted to do NaNoWriMo every year since it's inception and I've always talked myself out of it. No time, no talent, no story; I'll quit, I'll fail, I'll fold; it'll suck, it'll never get published; and on and on. I had every excuse in the book.

Well, not this year.

This year we'll see if a self-employed, work-at-home, mother of 5 under age 8, who farms livestock, can write a 50,000 novel in 30 days.

Plus both Bodog AND Boy are on board, writing their own novels.  If my 7-year-old can do it*, then I bloody well can.

Uh ... right?

My user name is MrsEvil Genius if you want to deride my pathetic word count cheer me on!  Bodog is there as BodogSivana if you'd like to track him as well.

-----

OK, on to the pics!

South Carolina State Fair 2009:



First year that Fiver (left) got to ride unaccompanied by an adult. He and Bulk, of course, just HAD to go on the cars.


Just prior to the obligatory sit-down-and-gorge-on-fair-food portion. (L-R) Bodog and Bitty Girl make weird faces and THCTD just looks lovely.  Foreground is Bulk, Boy, and Fiver.



Fiver, Boy, and Bulk awaiting corn dogs, Fiske fries, and $5-apiece diet Pepsi (*gag*).


Most popular ride this year!  L-R Bulk, Boy, THCTD, and Bitty.

Bonus pic, Halloween 2009!  Unfortunately, since we drive somewhere to trick or treat (this year it was Dr. SIL's neighbourhood), we have to finish donning costumes after we arrive and by then it's usually dark, so I snapped this pic before we left.  The batteries died in my camera after this (of course!) but Bodog's sister took some. I'll post those when I get 'em.




They were (after costume completion) L-R, a devil, a ghost, a witch, a skeleton, and a wee pig.

OK, that's it.  No more posts from me, maybe, until December. Take care, all of you, and please think some literary thoughts in my direction!

* Boy is signed up with the Young Writers thingy over at NaNoWriMo. His goal is 3000 words by Nov 30th which is the midway point of the suggested word count for a 2nd grader.  I think he finished 800+ words yesterday (day 4).

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 8:38 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home