Thursday, May 06, 2010

More room at the inn

So, we finally have the addition on the house; The Burrow now has 14 rooms* rather than 11.

The new rooms (across the back of the house: a morning room, a larder, and a study - plus a back porch between the last two) are quite small. It was all I could afford and, frankly, it kind of matches the rest of the house; none of the rooms is big.  This isn't a huge, grand, Georgian, it's a pokey, sprawling folk Victorian farm house that began it's life as a two-room cube.  I'd love for the new rooms to have been bigger but I'm kinda glad they're not.  You see, I finished the inside, and BLIMEY was it a bugger!

I had to mud the sheetrock, sand it, then paint the ceilings, walls and floor.  THEN I had to build shelves in the larder and move all the furniture into both rooms. Oh, and I also had to am still bloody cleaning up all the constuction dust and cluttered adjoining rooms!

And I plan on four more rooms when I get the money saved up: guest room, conservatory (off the hall), another bedroom (over the dining room), and a playroom (over the kitchen).

So, anyway, that's been my past two weeks. What have you been up to?

*in case you're curious, the rooms are: 3 bedrooms, library, drawing room, foyer (a sort of small parlour in the centre of the house), family room, kitchen, dining room, morning room, larder, study, and hobby room (this is where the comic books live, lol).  I'm not counting the 3 bathrooms, the shower room, or our loooong hall that was originally the porch connecting the house to the detached kitchen.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 1:28 pm   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 4:49 am, Blogger Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Well done!
You know what, I've been reading about the Burrow for years now... I'd love a post with photos of all the rooms. How about that for a reader request? ;)

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

But ... but ... then I'd have to CLEAN! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home