Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Just quietly listening

I really enjoy what I call 'Blog Hopping' (as you know if you read my personal blog) and lately I've been perusing a subset of the Mommy Blog: the Infertility Blog.

I've discovered two things for certain: 1)It makes a hormonal me weep daily that there are these really cool women out there who have to go through this and 2)There are some truly funny, funny ladies out there!

Here are just a handful of my faves: Uterine Wars, Here be Hippogriffs, DeadBug, Barren Mare, Chez Miscarriage, Hardscrabble.

I know what you're thinking ... "How can Ms gets-preggers-if-she-washes-hubby's-drawers have any empathy for these women?"

Because I've been there, that's why.

Because I've sat on the floor in a shower stall, until the water ran cold over me, crying. Because I've begged and demanded and wondered and tried to bargain with any ephemeral powers out there who might be able to influence me and my obsessive life. Because I've almost gone mad trying to figure out what I'd done to deserve that.

I did this for ten years.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And moving on ...

I also figure that anyone who has had to shell out the obscene amount of money required to get these fertility treatments (or go through a foreign adoption, for that matter) might share my fondness for thrift.

But most of all I just love reading their words. I love adding my thought waves to theirs out over the 'net. Maybe it will help. Help them get pregnant, help them feel less anguished, or just help them to feel like at least somebody is listening.

Well, I'm listening.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 4:15 pm   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 6:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest.

God knows we could all use some good vibes.

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home