Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Forum Rage?

Oh for fark's sake!  Please remind me why I decided, suddenly, this morning, to get back on a certain v. popular mommy website with a massive forum?

I stopped going there because of the extraordinarily stupid posts made by women (I am frightened that some of these people are raising children) on the boards.  I get so angry reading that I have to walk away from the computer.

Don't get me wrong. srsly. Some of these chicks are smart, honest, well-informed, and articulate.  But 90% are just farking morons.  They post the dumbest crap and some parenting ideas just make my blood boil (just to pick one turd out of the crap pile: rewarding a 6 year old with money and electronics for doing what he should be doing ANYWAY [his school work], then being baffled as to why he had no respect for the gifts and STILL wasn't doing his work. THEN BLAMED THE TEACHER!  Teacher is hideously "old school" and expected him to sit still, do his work, and be accountable for his actions!  Imagine!)

(OK, just one more: mother of autistic child who 'won't eat'* fruit, veg, or meat so she has taken her off dairy. Wonders why child seems worse as well as ill, now. You are voluntarily feeding your child ONLY GRAINS.  She isn't a cow!  She needs, oh, say, PROTEIN?)

Jeez!  I so need to stay away from that place.  Everyone is entitled to have her own opinion (and voice it, even in bad bad bad english) and everyone is allowed to raise her child in whatever ridiculous way she wishes.  I just need to not go read about it.

Oh, and, by the way, apparently "badly behaved" is now called "strong willed".

-----

*As a mother of an autistic child AND 4 other toddler/pre-schooler/whatever children, I can tell you if you are allowing your child to 'not eat' fruits and veg because he won't actually bite into an apple or chew a cooked carrot, then you, honey, are a farkin' fool.  You can hide fruit in smoothies and yoghurt, and veg in meatloaf, as well as dozens of other ways to slip them in.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 8:38 am   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 5:24 am, Blogger Becky Fyfe said...

Agreed! My 3 year old won't touch most fruit but she loves yogurt, so I give her the kind with real fruit in it or I add fruit of my own in the blender.

She won't eat bread either, but she gets grains in other areas of her diet.

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger Kathy Harrison Fuller said...

Blue - I missed you, but as always well worth the wait! Oh yes I don't go on Mommy blogs (or PTA meetings for that matter) anymore for the reasons you have described.

As I get older, I have less patience with morons!

 
At 10:21 am, Blogger Nil Zed said...

hmm, glad I don't know what site you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home