Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lacto-Paleo Burgers!

Yeah, I know, you're saying, "Wait, hamburgers are pure meat, so they automatically are Paleo, right?"

True, true, and I love hamburger (but not as much as pork, lol), in it's natural state but I came across this delicious sounding recipe from marc over at Feel Good Eating.  I happened to have a half-pound of minced beef in my fridge and decided to make these babies today.  Well, NOM!

Here's my version of the recipe:

1/2lb minced beef (full fat ground beef)
salt/pepper/garlic/whatever turns you on!
1 small egg
minced onion
1oz cheese of choice


I'm keeping my carbs as close to zero as possible right now so I only used 1 slice of a medium onion.  I also omitted the cheese but only on accident - I tried to re-create the recipe from memory. D'oh! I will definately use the cheese next time!  Here's my 1/4lb patties:


Yep, I took my meat outside to take this snap. What? The light was better, lol.  I kept a sharp eye out for the cats.

Mine is not grass-fed beef (alas), and obviously, I minced my onions a lot smaller, and mine would be a lot eggy-er (they were, I had to take care making them into patties and transferring them into the pan, but it was pretty easy).

I also fried mine as well. If you want to grill my version, you'll need to lay foil on your open grill. My George Foreman Grill should handle my softer version just fine.

Anyway, here's the loving application of bacon grease to my big skillet:


Mmm ... bacon.  Y'know, these would ROCK with several slices of bacon on them. I'll try that next time.

And here's the finished burgers. Take Marc's advice and don't overcook. I got a bit zealous with mine and cooked them a bit too done.

You can see where I piled up all the little goodies from the bottom of the skillet on top of the burgers.
And they were deLISH!  Even without the cheese, they rocked.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:55 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home