Sunday, April 10, 2005

Curry and sexual stereotypes

Apologies if today's post is less than coherent. I've had bloody great splitting migranes the past two days that have only been exacerbated by one of our ewe lambs who keeps getting out, realizing she's out, and then bleating in a mournful and neighbourhood-wide, skull-penetrating way. I can hear her at 5:30 when I awake. I can hear her at noon when I'm attempting to read my email. I can hear her at 4 when the children are also irritating me so badly that I begin contemplating walking up there and shutting her up with the rifle.

Just for therapy.

Suffice to say that if this keeps up I might be posting lovely full-colour pics of a steaming curry dish I've prepared. Lamb curry.

So. In keeping with the general mood if irritation I give you this (clipped from my Sunday coupon insert):



Give me a damn break. Is anyone else disturbed by this crap?

This is really NOT the sort of thing that any parent should want her daughter to see. Who buys this idiot stuff, anyway?

Shoving aside the obvious - no Native American in MY ancestry ran about in a buckskin bikini - this 'woman' is painfully and unhealthily thin. At what juncture did jutting ribs become sexy? Did I miss a meeting?

This image is grotesque. What's wrong with a woman looking like a woman? Or better yet what's wrong with this figure looking like a realistically sturdy and capable Native American woman instead of a Scandinavian super-model with too much Fake Bake on?

I'd get less meat off of this scrawny twinkie than that dumb-ass loud sheep up in the barnyard. And I'll bet the curry wouldn't taste as good.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 10:12 am   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 11:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she's beautiful. But I'm a scrawny twinkie with jutting ribs.

FTR I don't think anyone needs a 32" $249.99 "Study in Porcelain" though, so I'm not one of the idiots who buys this stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home