Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Or oncoming train?

(again, this post is late. This is from yesterday - Wednesday)

I cannot find fenugreek anywhere. Crudnuggets!

None of our smalltown stores have it so I'll be forced to journey to the 'big' city and the GNC, I guess.

You all would be terribly proud of me: I pushed water yesterday [Tuesday] (I must have drunk 6 bottles of the stuff) and I'm convinced it did help my supply a tiny bit. I'll keep up the regimen. It can't hurt me and certainly will help with the weight loss.

I really made a mistake stopping my pain meds (I know, I know, all of y'all are going: "well, DUH, honey!"). I was sooooooo miserable yesterday. As soon as I took one of the Motrin800s, I began to feel better (I also switched from Sudafed to Loratadine - which doesn't make you drowsy). Everything is still swollen, itchy, and painful, but at least it's bearable. I will even venture to say that these hives might be resolving.

With hives the wheals 'migrate'. They form, get better, and others appear nearby. Well the itchy wheals and the angioedema (deep tissue swelling - this is what's hurting so badly) have migrated to the soles of my feet (ouchie!) and the palms of my hands (double ouchie!!) making the four extremities puffy, stiff, and v. sore.

BUT, with the Loratadine and the Motrin it's bearable and all the other wheals everywhere else are fading. Is this the end? (Blimey, I hope so!)


So enough about me, let's talk about Fiver!

We nursed as often as he was willing yesterday (seeing as how I spent the majority of the day huddled on the couch and all). My right breast is virtually pain free, the left one is a bit tender but do-able (is that even a word? I always wondered.) I contemplated y'all's suggestions about mastitis. I just don't know. See, I had never considered that as a possibility because I am intimately familiar with mastitis ... in animals. (For those of you who don't know I had a grade B goat dairy and raised and showed Saanen and La Mancha dairy goats.) I have always seen it manifest in the same way: painful, swollen, hot, udder and stringy or flaky milk. You can get sub clinical mastitis with no outward symptoms except changes in the milk. But I'm a freakin' expert at checking milk and had examined my own pumped milk.

But, last time I checked, I wasn't a dairy goat so maybe I'm way off base. I do still have sort of stabbing pains in my left breast, but that might be the thrush.

PS: I want to thank all of you again for your help and support and suggestions. I know my posting has been spotty at best between being in pain without drugs or slightly dopey with drugs.

(PPS: A more coherent post later today and hopefully approaching a conclusion to our saga)

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:26 am   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 8:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for fenugreek, i had better luck at a local all natural grocery. our GNC didn't have it. i know natural grocery isn't the right term, but i've been up all night and no coffee yet. like whole foods/trader joe's, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home