Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just some pics to pass the time and a mini-rant

Sorry these are of varying quality.  Some were taken with the camera, some with my phone, and some are Flip stills, I think.  Teknologeez, i haz dem.
Anyway, here's Bodog at Newberry:
They had him stabilised (I guess I got there about an hour and a half after the EMT's started working on him) so he looks pretty good, although you can tell he's upset and stressed.  He's not a v. emotional person, being an Evil Genius and all.
Here's a random pic of Columbia in the mornings as we go in.  Thought it was kinda purty and dramatic-looking.
Here's the Brood at Providence Hospital, excited to be seeing Daddy.  Left to right; THCTD, Bitty, Bulk and Boy. No one should be this perky in the mornings.  Notice the funky tie-dye shoes and Boy's gap-toothed smile.
The brood in the room with Daddy yesterday.  Bodog looks much better, doncha think?  Cool get-well poster was signed by his co-workers and students.  His co-workers have been uniformly FANTASTIC through all this, visiting him, pampering him, and offering their support to me.  They have really been there for us.
In case you were wondering about Fiver, he's been pretty clingy and out of sorts though all of this and was perched on my hip during all the picture taking.
Here's a pic I snapped Tuesday, the day before the heart attack:
Random aside: his eyes are the exact same colour as mine - hazel - thin inner rim of golden brown and the rest of the eye is green. (light brown eyes run in my mother's family.  Her sister has these startling golden coloured eyes. V. cool.)
Both of my girls have blue eyes, both the older boys have Bodog's odd, pale, grey-green eyes. So Fiver's green is that same pale mossy colour and my green is 'regular' (like my dad's green eyes).
ANYway, all my life I have been irritated that folks have insisted that I have brown eyes.  I don't.  they're 75-80% green.  I don't know why this bugs me so much but it always has.  I had a stranger admire my kids the other day and she goes: "Ohhh, such pretty eyes ..." then gets to Fiver and goes "Oh.  His are brown like yours."  GRRRR!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 5:18 am   4 comments

4 Comments:

At 6:28 am, Blogger Becky Fyfe said...

Mr. Evil Genius does look improved in the second picture. I hope he gets to go home soon.

Your kids are all so gorgeous!

I have the same kind of hazel eyes and I've always hated being told I have brown eyes too.

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

I continue to send love and healing vibes to you and yours. There's little worse than being stuck in a hospital, so I'm wishing BoDog the speediest of recoveries.

Thanks for the pic of Fiver - I was WONDERING where he was in that first picture...

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger kiwi said...

You have - the - most - beautiful - children - on the planet. :D

Nice to see the Mr. looking healthy.

big hug,
kiwi

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Kathy Harrison Fuller said...

Blue,

AMEN! I'm so glad he is on the mend.

Totally hear you about the eyes - have them too. BTW my hubby has blue eyes and 4 of 5 of my children do too. My oldest has the same HAZEL eyes as I do. Do none of these people EVER remember Punett Squares from Bio class? Big B Little B and two little B's make what??

Anyhow - I'm sooooo happy he is on the mend and the kids are coping well. Take care of you!

Kisses and hugs from Upstate NY! Oh then again maybe not my 5 year old has Scarlet Fever! YUP - in her room until tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home