Friday, May 14, 2010

Parenting EPIC FAIL!

Check this shite out:

Funny Wedding Photos - With Love? Really?
see more

My jaw literally dropped open.

If you've read my blog for long, you know how I feel about weddings. Weddings are, IMHO, a ludacris, overindulged orgy of the self-centeredness of three women (bride, mother, MIL), a stupid display of egregious waste, and just plain idiotic.

A wedding means NOTHING. "Happiest day of your life"? Give me a break! It's the MARRIAGE that is important, not some stupid, expensive ceremony.

I have no problem with small ceremonies with friends and family to join two people in matrimony. Those are fine. But when cakes and dresses and decorations start showing up ... well it's just dumb.

OK, I got off onto a bit of a rant there, didn't I? Sorry.

Anyway, I'm all for being a healthy weight - most folks need to lose some weight (me included) - but to treat your own child like garbage for the sake of a wedding dress? You step on her heart and tell her that the most important thing she can do on her wedding day is to look good?

What could bring a mother to this? Society monumental FAIL.

I hope with all my heart that this chick waited until the night before the wedding, drove by her mom's house, dumped the dress on the front lawn, eloped with her fiance, and never spoke to her mother again.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 8:52 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home