Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just a couple of links today:

An excellent review of Gary Taubes's Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
by John Durant is here.

I haven't read this yet (or Tim Ferris's The 4-Hour Body) as I am awaiting my February cheque so I can buy both on the Kindle.  I'm already a Good Calories Bad Calories fan (Taubes's longer, more science-packed version) so I'm sure I will enjoy the book, but I also trust Durant's opinion.

I generally like most of the people in the Paleo community - although there are a few who lack any sort of social skills and can be pretty arrogant and rude (thinking of a few "my version of Paleo is the best" people on PaleoHacks and the AP mom who thinks she invented mothering *snort*).

But I really like John Durant. He's cheerful, smart, and doesn't get in anyone's face; I consider him an excellent spokesperson for Paleo.  It helps that he's gorgeous as well. Very easy on the eyes is John.*

Anyway, I can't wait to read Taubes's new book! I think it will be instrumental in getting some folks who have been blinded by mainstream crapola diet advice. You can get the book here , BTW.

Also, I wanted to post this link from over on gnolls.org and what I consider to be the best intro to Paleo that I've seen. As soon as I have two seconds to rub together, I'm going to make it a permanent link on this blog and on my Paleo pages.


*There are a good number of blokes in the Paleo communnity whom I consider very good looking (as well as some intimidatingly hawt chicks).  As a person who is interested in human genetics and evolution I think that my reaction is purely natural. We evolved to spot healthy potential mates and to consider them attractive. These Paleo guys are as healthy as a person can get - or are working on it.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 8:43 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home