Monday, April 11, 2005

An 'oops', an Alien, and more curry!

OK, now I feel bad.

Yesterday I posted the pic of the idiot figurine of the super-model-cum-indian-princess and got a comment from someone who quietly pointed out that she was a ‘skinny twinkie’

Bloody hell. I really do feel rotten as I didn’t intend to insult women who are thin. I have a very dear virtual friend on a (non mommy) board who’s a very thin, pretty, capable, talented and opinionated lady. I pondered (belatedly) how she'd feel reading it and felt bad. I was taking my frustration out on the people rather than the ideal.

Crud nuggets.

So while I don’t want to get into the habit of recinding my rants (I’d be very, very busy, lol) or apologizing, I do want to clarify. I have nothing against women of any size. Really. I just resent that society (and people – including some family members) have told me my whole adult life that these women are – by default – better than I solely because of their size. That sucks. Being told … not told: harassed, hounded, inundated with the message that you’re inferior because of the way you look? How shallow is that?

Can you tell I’m one of those “but you have such a pretty face …” girls?

So if I came across as sizist (is that a word?), I didn’t mean to. I just resent the lack of realism in that thing and the implication that this is a superior version of a Native American woman.

----

*Whew*, that was cathartic, now what the heck was I going to talk about today?

That my newest Darling Son, Bitty Boy, spent last evening thrashing about like his daddy getting comfy in bed? Gah! That’s my pancreas you’re squishing, son! And that’s –OOF! – my lung!

Have you ever read those accounts of the (may or may not be skinny) twinkie who claims she had the baby in toilet stall there at the night club and dumped it in the trash because she never knew she was pregnant?

I don’t buy it.

You 22 week+ preggers ladies back me up here. I’m 31 weeks with my 4th. I’ve had all manner of personalities of tiny humans dwelling under my diaphragm. My DS was so lazy he barely moved at all (so like his daddy!) and my first DD was so freakin’ active I felt as if I had a very disgruntled large-mouth Bass flopping around in there.

Trust me. Being pregnant in the last months feels EXACTLY like the scenes in the movie Alien (when they shine the light into the alien eggs, or do an xray on an ‘impregnated’ victim) look. There is NO doubt that there’s a live creature inside you.

By the last month it’s a 5lb+ live creature (guys, heft a bag of sugar or flour next time you’re in the grocery store), with elbows and hard little feet and a head like an unripe avocado. This little guy of mine did some sort of rolling belly flop last night that actually made me queasy.

So, uh, what’s my point? I have no idea. I guess I just wanted to share.

That and let you all know that curry is still a very real possibility.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 1:20 pm   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't expect this today :) Thanks for the explanation.

(Skinny Twinkie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home