Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stressing

Sorry for the long absence. I've been wandering about in a daze, lol.

The insurance company (and their lawyers and doctors) associated with my workers comp case have been dragging their feet - as usual - and I'm getting super stressed over it. I'm 41, I want to have one more child. I need to be TTC right NOW!

I don't give a flying $#&* at the moon about the drama. All I want is to be out of pain and be able to WORK for pity's sake!

I've been arguing (pointlessly) with the people on one of my comic boards over the whole Katrina thing and it's beginning to give me a headache. (If you know it's pointless, then why do you continue to do it? Uh ...) I mean, I respect everyone's right to his opinion, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. We keep saying the same stuff over and over.

I adopted two kittens who were destined for the pound:



Abe and Johann (these are two characters from Mignola's Hellboy if you're familiar) who are being their ebullient selves all over my house. I just rang the vets office to inquire about shots/ neutering/etc and was taken aback by the $180 (each!) price tag. Gah!

I continue to battle whatever the heck is killing my chickens. Every day I plug gaps that have appeared under the fence and festoon the coop with bits of chickenwire. I had made the coop out of recycled wood anyway and have yet to paint it (so it's three hideous colours - I used the wood from this horrible playhouse that was in the yard). With the additions of wire and wood I need to start referring to it as the FrankenCoop, lol.

Speaking of names, we've taken to calling the house The Burrow, like the Weasley's abode in Harry Potter. The resemblance is striking, really. Big, rambling house; large number of children; comfortable clutter; large garden (sans gnomes, I'm afraid). It's even decorated in the English Country style (*ahem* we call this Shabby Chic!). I am constantly working on the house in small ways and I'll keep you updated on the farm blog.

And finally, I'm tearing my hair out over my oldest DD.

This is the child who was toilet trained in mid July and dry through the night by the first week in August. No prob. She's sleeping (more or less) in the room with her brother and not wreaking too much havoc. All was calm.

Well, she's started wetting her pants and the bed. And it's getting worse. And it's random. She'll go for a day or two with no problems then suddenly I'll find her soaked or she'll wet the bed.

What the HECK?? Absolutely nothing has changed. No one's switched beds, no routines have changed, no one's left or arrived. What's going on? It's got to be something I'm doing, but WHAT? If anyone has any clues I'd be deeply appreciative!

(Just wee in the pot, baby girl.)

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 9:28 am   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 7:45 am, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

COOL! I have a TROLL!

Hahahahahahahahah!

And it's an inarticulate one, to boot. Glee!

Thank you for your *snort* thoughtful comment. Come again!:)

-Blue

 
At 11:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should be happy not enough people read my blog to get comments like that or jealous. When I read such hateful comments I can't help but think... The mean people in highschool are now the mean adults in life...
Blue- don't fret about the potty thing, my daughter did the same thing and still does on ocassion. Sometimes I think that she is so into what ever she is playing with, that it just doesn't "click" until it is too late. Good luck!!

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger K said...

Gorgeous kittens! (and nice troll, too. hee hee)

 
At 1:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue you make beautiful babies - you should flood the world with as many as you want. Sounds like your troll isn't getting any and is just jealous.

The temporary potty issues with DD sound perfectly normal at this stage. Don't stress it will work itself out.

And the kittens are too cute!

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Hey, more power to you if you want more kids. Honestly i can barely keep up with the two I have.
I know it's frustrating about the potty training, but it sounds like it is pretty normal.
Even though I don't agree with anonymous's ugly comment, maybe your daughter does need a little extra attention. if you are stressed, kids can pick up on that. so maybe she senses some tension from you and might need a little extra TLC.

 
At 12:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blue,
Hope you are feeling better. Love the kittens names too! We miss you - you know where.
Krista
shefreezestime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home