Monday, December 19, 2005

On the road again ...

OK, here's the deal. I'm just going to have to divide my blog into two parts: the Crisis With Dad part (which sounds like a mid-season replacement sitcom) and the Blue-is-having-a-nervous-breakdown-and-needs-to-whine part.

I'll do Dad's update first so you don't have to read through my crap. Now how's that for service?

----

Here's where we stand on the change of venue: I was able to reach somebody Friday about this. Both the lady who handles the discharges and her assistant were out Friday. The woman to whom I spoke tried to get hold of the admission ladies at the various facilities but they were not in. So we've been dead in the water.

Hopefully she can scare up some info today on what's available and I'll post it immediately. PLEASE NOTE: if you plan on visiting Dad today (Monday) or any day this week, please ring the hospital or email or ring me to see if he's still there! He may very well be moved today or tomorrow.

Recap of the gameplan: Ideally, Dad will stay in the SNF up there in W-S until the last op on his leg (the 28th), then come down here to a facility. Of the three on the list, two are in Newberry, one is in Irmo.

All of this depends on the availability of beds in the facilities, whether they'll accept his insurance, whether they're even set up to take someone who requires as much care as he does (which raises the question: why is he being released from the hospital in this condition?). If these three fall through, we'll cast our net wider, toward Columbia.

Please be patient. I know everyone is anxious to know where he's going to be, but we can't even begin to make calls until 9am this morning, and then we have to do the whole admission dance. I'll post the instant I know. I promise.

----

Dad got a load of long-distance visitors over the weekend. I missed my aunt, she came on Saturday, and KK who went up Friday, but I got to see S and his wife J. J is part of my wouldn't-have-been-able-to-do-it-without-them support team (along with KK) and I gotta say that she's even cooler in person than she is over the phone! I'm really really sorry I missed KK.

I'm glad all of you got to come. The local gang have been doing a stunning job of being there as often as possible and it's cool that Dad got to see some of you farther-away faces as well.

----

Well, now that I'm here at the end, I don't have the energy to whine. I don't know whether that's good or bad.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:27 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home