Saturday, June 02, 2007

Do you like ... photographs?

I read quite a few blogs of folks who take cool pictures. Some of them are more prolific like Dutch and Linda and some slightly less so like Anna and Sharpie and Sherry and Zach & Brie's Mom. My goal is to carry my camera everywhere and take pics of, like, everything in my life (and inflict them on you lot, of course, Bwahahahahahah!) In short, I want to be Bossy.

To this end, I actually remembered to take the camera out when we got the new pool:


And in the glorious tradition begun in the last post (oh, who am I kidding? The only thing I've heretofore been ardent in photographing - not counting the babies, of course - is FOOD), and inspired by Bossy's quest to clean out everything in her fridge and pantry, I give you a meal made up entirely of starches!

Yes, that's some microwavable chicken fried rice I found in the freezer (it tasted like arse, but the babes loved it).
The orange stuff is that nasty box mac and cheese - you know the kind with the radioactive orange dye powder 'cheese' and those pathetic macaroni noodles? *gag* I purchased it for EGH to fix when I was in the hospital having THCTD. He freakin' loves mac and cheese of any stripe.
BTW, THCTD is now four years old. Four years. Old. Mac and cheese. Old.
Here is Boy and Bulk looking dubiously into the pot of Radioactive Mac:
(Incidentally, all the babes scarfed it like it was candy and EGH polished off the rest. Did I say *GAG*?)
There was some good food that did not get culled from the cupboard or freezer. I made a pan of cornbread:
And there was some protein, too. My babies loves them some boiled eggs:
(Yes, she's naked. She had just spilt something down her shirt. Give me a break!)



Speaking of eggs, there's a new post up on the farm blog if you've a mind to look. WARNING: if you don't care for snakes, you might reconsider clicking (Michele, I'm looking at you).
PS: Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference in the title.


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 2:21 pm   8 comments

8 Comments:

At 4:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it Monty Python? "Does your wife like dirty photo-graphs?"

You know what? You've gotta lay off the orange mac-and-cheese. I KNOW it's nasty, and I KNOW it doesn't resemble anything close to what Jefferson intended when he created the dis, but it has its place in the world. Kids will eat that if they will eat NOTHING else, and it qualifies as comfort food for those of us who grew up as white trash.

 
At 4:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's supposed to be "dish" up there and I'm signing back on to declare my solidarity with EGH - I have been known to share the stuff with my girls, and to lick the bowl before I'm finished....

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger BOSSY said...

Bossy is so honored that you are carrying on her quest to eat as many packaged carbohydrates as humanly possible. Rock on! But not too hard! Starch-loading requires energy! And Bossy is fadin...zzzzzzz.

(GREAT photos! Cute kids!)

 
At 6:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..nudge, nudge, grin, grin..

 
At 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wink, wink, say no more!!

We're having a lot of fun with this - I hope we're getting the right reference....

 
At 2:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have eaten gourmet mac and cheese, and I have eaten homemade mac and cheese, and I have eaten soul-food mac and cheese...and still, the only mac and cheese I like is the K*raft version with the neon orange cheese powder. You know, the stuff your kids loved too. Mmmmmmm, mac and cheese.

 
At 12:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking Robin Williams but I can't recall the name of the movie. He worked at a photo couter and made copies of pics, cropped himself into them...

 
At 12:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, photo counter. ahem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home