Sunday, May 06, 2007

I suck even more! With links!

So, I'm reading my fave bloggers, right?

And I really love these chicks. Seriously.

I have VERY little time in my day to be reading blogs, but I love to keep up with my posse*, and the few others I read. Y'all shape my life. (and there's a few of you whom I lost when my computer crashed**)

Anyway, Julie, over at A Little Pregnant did this post on infertility t-shirts at CafePress.

CafePress does the fulfillment on MY shirts and stuff. Aaaand I have infertility stuff in my shop (having been down the infertile road. It's a really bad road and the sharp rocks hurt your feet and it sucks. Big Time.)

Aaaaaaaaaand she mentioned one of my shirts. In the first paragraph.

I think the phrase used was "frankly appalling".

OUCH!

Ok, ok, I adore Julie. I've been reading her blog for years. Her opinion is quite valid and, honestly, that design is a bit appalling. It is actually a pregnancy design and quite common (and popular). I was compelled to do it because the Science Geek in me found some of the other takes on it a bit silly (sperm with smiley faces? UGH.)

Over on the CafePress forums they say that any publicity is good publicity ...

Then the very same day I'm checking Statcounter and discover that my shop has been mentioned. The title of the thread?

"Some of these (not all!) are pretty funny"

Did I say UGH?

*sigh*

-----

*I shall honour you ladies with a proper shout-out on my OTHER blog if you allow me to (and when I get time ... I know, I know ... Blue we've been waiting for you to get stuff done forever! *sigh*)

** Anna and Danielle! You are two. Are you linked in my comments? Must check. Hmph! And does anyone know how I can get in touch with Grrl (chez miscarriage) and Karen (naked ovary)??? Both have password protected blogs and I've lost my stuff in the crash. :(

PS: do check out Julie's blog post. She offers up some great alternative infertility designs in her own wicked funny style. If you've ever been infertile you need to be reading this chick.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 10:50 pm   4 comments

4 Comments:

At 7:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I don't get "appalling" from that. Mildly ignorant in that cute guy way, maybe, but it's not insulting or demeaning. My (decidedly unasked for) opinion? Julie's a little uptight when it comes to tee shirt design reviews.

 
At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, I think her reviews were a little childish. If you don't like them, SO FUCKING WHAT? Gah. It's again, this whole female mentality that balks at things we find different and immediately tags them as "wrong" or "frankly appalling".

And the fact a zillion women are lined up ready to lick her ass...just annoys me even more. Yeah! Let's bash something we find different!! WHO'S WITH ME???

Nice lesson to teach the youngins, no?

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger Danielle said...

Just walk it off. Walk it off.

Hopefully you will get some sales out if it.

I love T-shirts that say things. I love cafepress because you can find some orignal things, unlike all of the stuff that I find at my beloved Target. (Not bad mouthing my love, just swiping at the people at think they are saying something and 100,000 people are saying the same thing.)

I always see things that I would not wear but that doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with it just that it's not for you.

Just walk it off. walk it off.

**You should be able to link back from my comments.

 
At 6:53 am, Blogger Linda said...

Getupgrrl has a blog? If you get info on it, can you send me her address? I'd love to ask for a password.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home