Monday, April 23, 2007

*Phhbbbtt!* (Oh, 'scuse me!)


I've absolutely nothing to say. Having a blogfart!

I'm going to my post partum appointment today (finally! It was cancelled last week.) with a long list of nagging ills (continuing discharge, thrush STILL, cramping, swelling, blah, blah, blah) and NOT looking forward to sitting in the front waiting room (preggos get to go back and sit in the OB waiting room). In the front waiting room you get the subspecies of woman who has never had kids (either newly preggers or just GYN patients) and the stringy old broads (who have never had kids?), both of whom gawp, glare, and whisper when I show up with my Brood.

The fact that my children are still and quiet doesn't impress these groups, they are offended by the mere proximity of more than one toddler/baby.

I once had some cow - approximately my age and terribly well dressed - actually murmur "Oh, my gawd" when I herded my (then 3) youngsters in. Hmm. Bad form, honey. If you feel snarky, don't roll your eyes and sigh in front of me (especially since my kids are behaving), go home and blog about it. That's what I do.

-----

"Oi! Can we get some service over here?"

Speaking of kids, Fiver is doing just fab. Eating like a horse, sleeping well (usually only wakes once a night, though - UGH - last night was an exception.) They weighed him at 4 weeks and he was 11 lbs 10 oz and I have him in size 2 nappies (I use disposables on my newborns and when we go out - in case any of you Cloth Diapering mommas were wondering if I'd jumped ship, lol).
I think I've managed to give the thrush back to him, but it's not showing and certainly hasn't slowed him down. I'm going to get some diflucan today if I can and get rid of this crap once and for all.
"Jeez, I hope mom gets over all this crud!"
-----
Aside from all my wee gripes, Bulk is my current 'problem'. He's barrelling toward two with a vengeance and is taking the opportunity of my being busy with Fiver to exhibit some badness. His latest thing is pushing people. And he waits until I'm sat down nursing Fiver to do it.
Now, Bulk weighs as much as his next oldest sister, Bitty, (who is a year older) and not much less than his scrawny oldest sister. When he pushes you, you fall the heck down. I've seen him shove Boy - who weighs a respectable 42lbs - and have him stagger back.
He's big into "No!" and walking around saying "Momma, momma, momma!" in anguish, but then refuses to help me understand what's wrong. He won't let me try to explain stuff to him - everything is a personal affront and causes him to have a crying fit - and heaven help you if you actually punish him! He will fall on the floor or drape himself dramatically over a nearby bit of furniture and howl to the gods in outrage.
It's pretty funny.
Funny ... and irritating.
Pic of the bad boy in question:



On a related note: Boy has been acting a bit needy. I think that he is at the point where his brain is like a black hole, consuming knowledge at an alarming rate and, because of Fiver and Bulk, I've not had as many minutes to respond to his ceaseless chatter and questions. I've tried to carve out special time for him and, of course, school in the fall will help dramatically.

-----

My shop images have all been restored - YAY! - and I've been working in them feverishly. I need to start updating my store blog. Poor thing is like my farm blog, I tend to just dump everything in here. Lazy arse, me!

I have (finally!) been ordering the goodies I promised everyone so long ago. Some are sent. Anna, and Danielle, your stuff just arrived and will go out by Wednesday! Mrs Chili, your stuff's on order.

Anyone else fancy anything? Last chance! C'mon, peeps. I loves ya. Let me send you a button or something!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 12:26 pm   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 2:20 am, Blogger Michelle Peacock said...

Ooooo, I'm the first to comment today, how special! Just wanted to say that Fiver sure is growing quickly! They're all wonderful looking kids. Hopefully Bulk will settle down some soon. Fortunately I never really went through that sort of terrible-two stuff with either of my boys. Good luck at the doctor's!

 
At 4:38 am, Blogger Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Hello! :) I love the photos. And I hear you on 2 year olds acting up. Matilda is WONDERFUL with her brother (and has calmed down every niggling doubt I ever had about having 2 under 2,) but she has developed an annoying habit of ignoring me when I'm sitting down and breastfeeding. I don't think I've ever been as disciplined as you with my babe, but still, when she did something I considered inappropriate (or dangerous) I would always tell her, explain to her, *make sure she heard me and was paying attention* (by getting to her level and making sure she's facing me, if she's not being cooperative) and make sure she stops. She's still quite well behaved, but she ignores me and gives me this sly look when I'm breastfeeding... because she KNOWS I don't want to put Philip down and get up; and of course then I HAVE to put him down and get up. Blah.

 
At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 18 month old just started the throwing-himself-on-the-floor fits, and he does lots of screaming to get attention these days. He says very few words, so his way of expressing himself comes out in other wacky doings. It does rub us the wrong way, but I keep telling myself...it's only temporary...the madness continues.

 
At 1:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes - growing phases. Fun, no?

The ONLY thing that I've found that works when our kids reach a new (difficult) developmental stage is to be patient but FIRM. I understand you're having a hard time, and I understand you're frustrated, but you absolutely MAY NOT (insert inappropriate behavior here). If you continue to (whatever), the consequence will be (insert appropriate consequence here) EACH. AND. EVERY. TIME.

Good luck with that. I didn't say it was magic, but it's better than anything else we've tried.

p.s. - thanks for the stuff! I can hardly wait!

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger Dallas Blue said...

I heart the "I act this way to make you crazy" and the "How about a fountain of smart?"

You're a clever gal, blue!

Congrats on Fiver!!

 
At 8:39 pm, Blogger Danielle said...

Two year olds make me crazy. Seriously. I picked up my prozac before I picked them up today.

i'm so excited about goddies!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home