Monday, May 16, 2005

Crappy week-end? Not as much as I'd like.

Ugh. What a bad week-end! I normally don't have anything much to bitch about during pregnancy but this week-end was a bear.

I think Bitty Boy may have engaged in my pelvis. I see your puzzled looks, lol. Yep at 36 weeks 1 day he actually should have at least flipped by now. But, you see, I've never had a baby flip before 38 weeks (Boy flipped at 40 weeks - in the middle of the night, waking me - OUCH!). I've also never had a baby engage. I've never gotten to experience the lovely 'lightening' which is supposed to ease breathing and heartburn.

Nope, when I say I have 'failure to progress', I ain't jokin'.

But Sunday I started feeling really weird. Weird and bad. I had this horrible pressure in my gut. I was also getting random, painful, Braxton Hicks. All of this combined with unexplained constipation, which made me feel as if I had 2 or 3 standard red bricks nestled pointedly in my pelvis underneath and behind the baby, made just existing excruciating.

I was having nasty lower back pain and trouble walking. I felt the urge to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes but nothing would happen. The contractions were taking my breath away - and I have a VERY high threshhold for pain.

So I hobbled around the house, feeling truely miserable for the first time in 4 pregnancies. I laid on the couch looking remarkably like Gardulla the Hutt (minus the slime), drank waaay too much diet soda, and grunted irritably. I was awful. I noticed I had a mouse in my Family Room which made me even more cross. I alternately snapped at my children or answered them vaguely. I pretty much ignored my poor, long-suffering Darling Hubby (who made his delicious hamburgers last night, bless him).

Ugh.

Good news is that I feel much better today. My constipation bricks have ... erm, moved on. I haven't had a contraction all morning although I'm still feeling lots of pressure. Bitty Boy is blithely thrashing about in there like it's a normal day and I actually got his carseat base in the van to my satisfaction (requirement #1: seat must not be able to be moved more than 1 inch in any direction by The Hulk on a bad day).

I still haven't gotten that damned mouse, though ...

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 9:36 am   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger Carrie said...

What a miserable weekend! Glad to hear it's improved, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home