Thursday, July 07, 2005

Credit or idiot?

OK, so in light of the whole Mommy -vs- Mommy thing I've been contemplating the blinkies and sigs that people on all of my various Mommy boards have:

- God fearing, jesus loving, stay-at-home mom

- Proud mom of intact sons

- Bottle-feeding, disposable-diapering, crib-sleeping mom

- CIO is wrong - babies cry for a reason

- Baby wearing, attachment parenting, home-schooling, christian mom

So I think I need one as well. What do you think?

Non-AP, crib-sleeping, breastfeeding, pro-spanking, cloth nappie washing, babyfood-making, home grown veggie feeding, conservative Pagan mom to circumcised sons?

Was that everything? Did I forget anything? I would have added: "ridiculous baby name eschewing" but some people might call me on that one. And I couldn't figure out how to work in that I have to have the toilet paper coming over the top of the roll.

----

I was reading Linda's blog and she said something I could have typed: I read many many more blogs than I've been able to put up in my sidebar. So following her excellent lead, here's Julia's fantastic List O' Blogs for your perusing pleasure. Check these people out. There are some really good bloggers here.

----

And now I'd like to share with you my latest Mommy* Drive-By:


I'm in the Wal-Mart checking out. Pleasant young cashier and I are chatting. Crabby old cashier comes up and starts stuffing my items into bags, muttering under breath about how 'people' need to bag better and faster. OK, she's mangling my stuff. The young cashier was doing a perfectly good job.

So this old cow continues to violently bag my stuff and hiss to herself as the young girl and I ignore her. I get to a point where I mention that I'm used to having all the kids with me, and the convo turns to how many I have and what ages. Young cashier is cheerfully astonished and says basic, kind, non-judgemental things (they'll all be best of friends, etc), suddenly, old bag erupts:

Old Bag: "you oughta get an evaluation!"

Long pause wherin Blue - who suffered 10 years of infertility and thought she'd never be able to bear a child - fixes her with an icy stare

Blue: "An evaluation for what, exactly?"

Old Bag: "For, you know, that ... to find out what causes it"

(Now, I can't recall with perfect clarity, but I think my jaw fell open at this point. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't shagging usually cause 'it'?)

Old Bag: "Or ... you meant for this to happen?"

No, you senseless waste of carbon, I was snatched out of my real timeline by an Evil Overlord and I still think it's 1805 (just with, ya know, DVDs and cell phones and stuff) and I have yet to grasp the concept of contraceptives!

Blue: "well, yeah ..."

She stared for a bit (step right up, seeeeee the freak of nature, folks! She's alive and in person ...) then she abruptly scuffed off.

The young cashier shrugged, rolled her eyes and said: "Next time you come in I hope I'm here. Credit or debit?"


*the woman in question was wearing one of those necklaces with the little birthstone figures so In am making an assumption that she's a mom. Might be wrong in that.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 9:15 am   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Don't you love it when people take it upon themselves to judge you, belittle you and just generally look down upon you for YOUR decisions? Okay, that was insanely rhetorical.

I have THREE kids, but in some people's minds I, alone, am responsible for world hunger and a shortage of whole milk in the dairy case. I, too, suffered from infertility and was told I'd never have children, so I count them as the most precious blessings - even if I do get that twitchtwitch thing goin' on from time to time. Like now. Since we've all had a nasty virus for over a week. Yep. Twitching...lots of twitching.

Love the blog, Blue. Keep venting and ranting for us - I'm enjoying it immensely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home