Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Transportation goes *boink*

Well, my car is making an alarming noise.

It started last night on the way home and this is just what I don't need right now, dammnit! I'm fretting enough about how the hell I'm going to get gas money (I've already spent my power bill for petrol, can you believe it? Gas is 20 cents more in NC.) without this. The whole thing will be moot if my bloody car blows up. Ugh. Not to mention the tiny detail of Evil Genius Husband not being able to get to work.

What drama.I swear, any time I think that nothing more can possibly go wrong, one of my cars gives up the ghost. I think they're out to get me.

I contemplated nicking Dad's Thunderbird (or whatever the hell that latest car of his is ... It's a Ford Somethingorother Coupe) and driving it but 1) I'd rather not drive his car without asking him (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind), and 2) if I can't put petrol in a Toyota Camry, I doubt the T-bird will get better mileage!

Oh well, I'll figure something out.

----

Perhaps I could bicycle to Winston-Salem! I found this pic of Dad:


I'm hoping that he recovers full use of his leg since he loved cycling. He's been a runner most of my life but eventually messed up his knees so badly that he had to quit. He started cycling and - as he does with everything - became completely immersed (read: obsessed). If he can continue to do it it will really help him to recover mentally.

I know his getting on a bike is a long time in the future, but at least that can be a goal toward which we are working.

-----

Well that's all I have for today unless I come up with some pointless ramble later on. When I rang the hospital this morning there was no change and his operations are not until tomorrow. If I hear anything, I'll post it right away.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 9:00 am   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 3:22 pm, Blogger Amyesq said...

I'm just catching up with your blog on this, the week from the depth's of Satan's hell. I am just so incredibly sorry for you, yuor family, Kimberley's family, everyone. I can't imagine how awful and wiped you must feel right now. Good luck with getting some transport so you can keep visiting (I don't s'pose there's any way to stay up there, nope, didn't think so). When my dad was in the ICU back in January, I went in, took one look, walked back out to the waiting room, and lay down on the floor so I didn't pass out - to the strange stares of the other waiters. You have so much strength to be hanging in there. I will say lots of prayers.

 
At 11:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi blue,

I am a flight attendant and flew many trips to Paris with Kimberly, I even got to meet your father. I am so sorry this has happened to your family. Kimberly had such a great, funny personality and dry wit, she will be missed. I am sorry for your loss and hope your father is better soon

 
At 11:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry , I forgot my name,

Robin Young

 

Post a Comment

<< Home