Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh, hell yeah!

Well, I've spent three hours trying to sweet-talk Blogger into uploading my blog entry and right after it finally does, I get some great news and need to update my blog!

They have removed my father from the respirator! Yay!


He got through his surgery just fine - they took a skin graft from his hip and closed the wound on his leg - and they did a breathing test. They turned off the equipment, left the breathing tube in, and let him breathe on his own. He did so well that they removed the tube!

Dad always did excel at everything.

Hopefully this makes the guardianship a non-issue (plus, I'll get to ask him if I can borrow his Thunderbird!) I'm so excited about seeing him tomorrow. I wish I could leave right now and go up there.

The only dark part of all of this is that now he's off the meds ... he'll start asking questions.

This is the bit that I have dreaded. I can handle everything else. This, I am not prepared for.

But apparently I have no choice.

I was hoping that a professional, like a grief councilor, could take on this task. Someone who was better versed in helping a person handle the information and the inevitable reaction thereto, but the consensus seems to be that I should do it.

Kimberly's father has volunteered to come up there tomorrow, and I certainly appreciate his support. He's handled this nightmare with more strength than I could've mustered in his place.

We'll see how it goes.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 3:08 pm   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, Blogger Amyesq said...

First off, HUGE congratulations on the removal of the respirator! And I bet with the good job the surgeons did, your dad will be able to cycle like mad when he gets better.

And second, good luck telling him about Kimberly. What an unenviable task. I will be thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home