Tuesday, January 03, 2006

In which Blue uses many parentheses ...

Yay. We're six for six here: everyone is ill now.

Fortunately Evil Genius Husband and Boy seem to be recovering. The rest of us are snotting, sneezing, coughing, and generally feeling like crud.

Shockingly, I still haven't cleaned the house (/sarcasm). Perhaps it'd be easier to just move to a clean one at this point.

----

Dad has his surgery tomorrow. It's outpatient, but I suspect he'll be over at the hospital most of the day. He'll also probably be groggy from the drugs once he gets back so you might want to hold off on visiting if you were planning to go tomorrow.

I'll be heading back up Thursday. I'm hoping to get everything in motion to move Dad down here after his appointments on the 10th. He wants to forgo moving into a facility and just come straight here to my house. I'll need to get the doctors to tell me exactly what he needs in the way of equipment so that we can rent it.

I spoke with dad about at least moving his dogs down here while he is here. (I have five dogs of my own, all throwaways - 2 outside and 3 inside.) I proposed that we get a large dog lot from Tractor Supply (in Newberry) and set it up inside my fence. That way his two would have a 'place of their own', plus be able to be out in my fence and, Dad willing, be thrown for, walked, etc.

But Dad (hereafter known as 'the optimist') feels that they would be happier in their own place (I agree with that) until he can return.

-----

On that note: Dad apparently spent some time in a wheelchair today! (yay!) He even was able to propel himself about in a limited fashion (just around his room). I am v. v. encouraged at his progress, though not at all surprised.

He is so eager to not be in that facility (or ANY facility) and I can certainly see why. No offense to Oak Summit, but, well, it's not a place my Dad needs to be.

He needs personalized care. He needs macaroni and cheese. He needs his eggs in the morning to NOT be cold. He needs four vibrant, energetic grandchildren harrassing him all day.

Wouldn't you be bent on recovery in that setting?

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 12:59 pm   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger Speckledpup said...

such good news coming from you!
I'm so happy, you seem so encouraged.
Take a deep breath...wait.
snuff some flonase.
Okay, NOW take a deep breath...
exhale.
It's all downhill from here.

Praying for you kid.
The Pup

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Thank you Pup. Your comments have given me strength.

And Chris, I'm glad you're reading and enjoying. Now if we could just see more of you!

-Blue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home