Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Potato of Time

I have, apparently, acquired Old Person Memory syndrome. You know the one. It's where you can remember details from old memories but can't remember new stuff. You can recall with perfect clarity what you had for breakfast the morning you stormed the beach at Normandy, but you can't think what you did with your underpants that you had on before you showered.

You also begin to lose the realization of how old a memory is and begin to think that everything happened 'just a few years ago'.

I've got it, I'm tellin' ya.

When Googling the stuff for the last post I came across articles on baby Jessica McClure (the 18 month old down the well) which seems to me like it happened ... well ... just a few years ago. It was, like, sixteen years ago. Sixteen! And the adopted baby Jessica? I would have sworn that happened recently. Twelve years ago!

Jeez.

So forgive the 'remember this?' stuff. If anyone had to Google to figure out what the heck I was talking about, I apologize!

----

But I did come across this extra cool site and am ordering myself several of these:

Truer words were never spoken. They have several more cool stickers, magnets and tees, some a bit more ... brusque than others! Check it.

----

Oh and it was potatoes. We had fried potatoes for breakfast before getting on the assault boats.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:34 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home