Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday #4

In honour of Mother's Day and womanhood in general, a pic of me, the Human Crash Test Dummy, and Bitty Girl catching the sunshine in our kitchen:



Ten random facts about me (nicked from her self-meme over at Lioness's and trimmed a bit)

Accent: Southern. Not a hills-of-Tennessee-or-West-Virginia twang or the slow drawl of coastal Georgia or 'Bama, just kind of medium Southern, although fellow southerners often ask if I'm from up north(!)

Booze: Jack Daniels Black label. Diet coke, ice, and glass optional.

Chore I Hate: Inside: emptying the cat box, although washing silverware is a close second. Outside: watering the livestock. Our stupid well will run dry if you try to fill more than two water troughs at a time so you can't just wander off and do something else. It sucks.

Dogs/Cats: Dogs: Baz (black lab x German Shorthaired pointer, v. tall, v. sweet, v. v. dumb), Tee (JRT x Rat Terrier, the only small dog I've ever owned and I love him but I'll never own another), Molly (black lab x ??, tossed out of a car and rescued by Evil Genius Husband), Reggie (Aussie x ???, survived Parvo and utterly insane), Jake (Aussie. came with the house and has a mad hatred of trucks towing boats ... and we live at the lake), and Turkish (Anatolian Shepherd, v. sweet, v. unassuming, v.v.v.v. BIG). Oh, and four cats: Barn Cat, Broule', Abe, and Johann.

Most Admired Trait: Thrift, of course! I don't know how much it's admired though ...

Phobia: Dead bodies (human) and anything associated with; graveyards, morgues, bodybags, etc I can't watch Six Feet Under without EGH being right there on the couch with me. Nightwatchterrifies me but I own it because it has Ewan McGregor in. I have nightmares for days after watching it.

Quote: "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely." - Emerson

Time I usually wake up: 5am

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Mustard greens. Bleh.

Yummy Foods I make: Shepherd's Pie. My Tuna casserole is pretty good too.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 11:56 am   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 11:25 am, Blogger macboudica said...

That is a great picture! I love it!

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger Lioness said...

You wake up at 5 am?? Please tell me you love it.

I stole that meme from Stacey myself (link at bottom of post) and trimmed it too! :D

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger Lioness said...

Oh the picture's just loaded, it's gorgeous!

 
At 11:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pic and the fact that you get up at 5am and that you make shepard's pie.

You'd totally be my lesbian gf if I had one.

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

*blush* aww, gee, Sherry thanks!

And I do wake up at 5am and have done for four years and 3 months as of TODAY. I won't say I hate it but it's bloody hard.

It's the only way I can get breakfast cooked for everyone, lunch made for EGH, and him out the door on time.

Bleh.

-Blue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home