Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Self portrait Tuesday #8

I have never in my life actually been excited about washing clothes.

Yep, you guessed it ... I got the new washer hooked up and have been gleefully washing since! Yay!

Do you know that I'm 42 years old and this is the first new washing machine I've ever owned? I guess you have to wait a while for the good stuff, LOL.

----

Thank you all for putting up with my vent last post. I also appreciate all advice and comments. Even ones from illiterate trolls (hi, Janiehampton! *waves*), if only for entertainment value alone. Was I the only one amused at the notion that I would ever consider taking parenting (and fashion!) advice from someone who really thinks that 'lose' is spelled with two 'O's and that punctuation is a thing one tosses in ones writing on a whim, like emoticons?

Yeah ... I'm gonna do that.

Anyway, just to reassure you, my readers who lent a shoulder, EGH and I have reassurances in place in case something should happen to one or both of us. We both own land. We have a great deal of readily liquidatable assets. We have excellent insurance (including life insurance). I have a nice 401k (I remind the jury that I worked full time for over 20 years prior to hurting my knee in 2003).

It is MUCH more likely that a grown child will have to shoulder the burden of an older relative than the other way around, and yet they get to treat us as if we are inept teenagers? When we have NEVER proven to be in need or requiring of assistance? I don't ever stroll up to any older relative and say: "Sweet Mother of Stan Lee, Relative! Are you sure you should be buying that new car? Didn't you just buy a new car a few years ago? And is all this furniture new? JEEZ!"

All I ask is to be treated with some respect. All I ask is that EGH and I be trusted to be the capable people that we were both raised to be.

-----

I have been dryly asked by a reader to supply pics of the new pig pen that I mentioned ... erm, like ages ago, so I will endevour to supply you with some forthwith. I know I have been shirking my responsibilities with my other blogs, but I swear I'll get organized enough again to pick them back up!

In the meantime, here's a pic of the new washer and a bit of me for Self Portrait Tuesday:



I really wanted to get both an unwashed baby AND my black nail lacquer in just to see if I ... cud push, Janiehampton rite over thee edge. And have her go NOO-kew-lar?

But, alas, all of my children are 1) clean, and 2) asleep. *sigh* So, no such luck today Janie! Sorry!

-Five things I will accomplish in the next five years:

1) Lose my baby weight. (with the promise that when I get back down to my fighting weight, I'll post a real, actual pic of my whole self here on this blog. Tune in spring/summer of 2008.
2) Build my damned pantry.
3) Finish the Library.
4) Start school (or return to school if you want to look at it that way)
5) Have all visible parts of my house clean, finished, and presentable (Library! Pantry!) at the same time.

What do you think? Do-able?

Yeah, I think so.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 12:30 pm   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 4:41 pm, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:42 pm, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Wowie, Blue! I'm sorry you have commentors like Janie. Complete sentences do SO much to help with communication, don't you think?

I think all your goals are doable, and in spectacular fashion. I'm only hoping that OUR remodel project - the one that was started on Memorial Day of 2005 and is STILL not finished - will get done sometime before your baby weight is gone. (oh, and by the way, you're not supposed to be thinking about LOSING baby weight WHILE THE BABY IS STILL USING IT, Silly!!)

Much Tuesday Love!

-Mrs. Chili

 
At 4:51 pm, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

By the way - what will you study when you go back to school?

 
At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue, if anyone can do all those things, YOU CAN!!!!!!!

And, you just say the word and I can send you all the pertinent school related info.

Congrats on the new washer! And having a troll!!! THAT'S true success, baby!!!!

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a while back you had some similar problems with people commenting on your family size.

Just wanted to give you this scenario: imaging having everything and living a healthy and happy life. Your parents working hard, raising their 4 children. 2 children attending university. 2 in highshool. You hear rumors of civil war. You do not believe it will happen and you continue to live normally. One day you wake up and you hear gun shots and fighting. The war has started. Your whole family flees their house, land, with no possessions. You find out later everything you ever owned is all gone, either stolen or destroyed. You are a refugee now. Thank God everyone is safe bodily. You move to a different continent. No one receives welfare since everyone is working hard, while learning a new language, adjusting to new culture, going to school. Fast forward to 10-13 years later. Everyone is still healthy and happy. We now have new family members and our life is back to normal. We have not received a penny from all what my parents built in their first 50-60 years of hard work and what their parents, and their parents, etc built in their lifetime. And we survived without insurance and welfare. We did get a lot of support from other family (some monetary at the beggining - just to get us on our feet) but a lot of emotinal support.

This can happen to anyone - trust me!, but if one works hard, and is raised well (I am sure Blue is doing exactly that!) everything works out in the end.

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger macboudica said...

Love the washer!

I hope ou didn't take what Janie said to heart. It sure was some fun reading, though--and I needed a good laugh.

I know you will kick ass on all of your goals. And then some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home