Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aliens and underwear

What? Are we on? Erm ...

OK, ok ... as promised, a 24 hour turn around on this ultrasound pic!



Awwwww! Lookit the little alien! So cute.

What? More than 24 hours? I said 'yesterday'? NOoooooooo ...

OK, I did, and I suck (but you already know that). But, anyway, there's Fiver. She spent the whole ultrasound bopping around and holding her fists up in front of her face in a pugilistic manner. But she would NOT turn over for a profile. As I said, we finally got an oblique of the back of her neck and the tech said it 'looked fine' (and I love this tech and trust her) but I'm still worried ... we couldn't visualize the nasal bone or anything.

She measured 11 weeks 2 days (I'm actually 10 weeks 5 days -- or was on Wednesday -- but they're sticking to the March 13 due date, *sigh*, so now I get to fight with my OB about when to do the section) and I'll go for my level II u/s and amnio at about 18 weeks.

----

In totally cool other news, I made my first sale from my Cancer Awareness T-shirt shop!!! I haven't even advertised yet or anything, (I wanted to get at least two or three more shirts in before I did a full bore advertising onslaught) so I'm terribly pleased and excited.

I want you all to know how much I appreciate your suggestions on the organization to whom I should donate. I am still deciding and I have all your suggestions written down for consideration.

----

And finally, your funny baby story for the day:

See, all my children looooove to dress up. They are always donning various hats, capes, socks-as-gloves, etc and prancing about pretending to be this or that. They press anything into use. An empty Amazon box is a helmet, my dishtowel is a cape, the baby's blanket is a skirt, and they wear each other's and our clothes with abandon. Daddy's shirts make great robes or coats, a 2 year old's stretch pants make a funny hat on a 4 year old.

The Incredible Bulk, at 14 months, is just beginning to enjoy dressing up, but with his not-yet-great coordination he can't manage much more than dragging something over his head or shoulder. He does, however, already display his sibling's predilection for using objects in weird ways (just the other day, a baby wipe that was used to clean his sister's hands ended up on his upturned face with him giggling under it.)

So today I called everyone to get ready for naps. The oldest babes were already in their rooms and I could hear Bulk thumping determinedly down the hall toward me. What I wasn't ready for was the sight that almost made me laugh myself to death.

Bulk had apparently paused at the wooden clothes drying rack in the hall, plucked a pair of my best polka-dotted underpants off, and pulled them over his head before continuing on down the hall toward bed.

My own underpants were crawling toward me.

I'm sorry that I didn't get a pic, but there's only so much one can do while collapsed on the setee laughing helplessly.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 2:45 pm   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 8:43 am, Blogger Miguelita said...

Totally a "she" alien!

I love the story of the Bulk and the underwear. My boys are into wearing the arm covers from the sofa and loveseat on their heads like veils. They must think they look cool but it comes off more like Mother Theresa.

 
At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one whose baby looked alien or bug-faced on the 11-wk ultrasound! ;)

Fortunately I had a cute Kewpie-doll looking image from a few weeks earlier to share with family and friends. :)

I love your perspective and comments on BBC and here!

--Luna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home