Monday, August 21, 2006

Anti-nesting

When will this end?

Seriously. I have no motivation, no inclination to do anything at all but sit my broad arse on the couch and read. I don't want to go anywhere (and you, dear readers, know if *I* can't be arsed to go to the dump and scavenge joyfully amongst the lovely green boxes, then something's grievously wrong), I don't have any interest in working in the garden or the barnyard, and I certainly am NOT cleaning the house.

OK ... I didn't really clean the house before, but still!

I'm trying not to think of Thursday when I go for my Nuchal Translucency ultrasound - I'm torn between excitement at seeing Fiver and abject dread that they'll find indications of a defect, or worse ...

I have made some slight progress. I finished the pig pen yesterday, much to the delight of the pigs who raced about like puppies, tumbling over each other and squealing to the point of scaring the goats (which was the best part of the entertainment.)

I also cooked.

Well I ... erm ... attempted to cook. I screwed up everything except the bread. This is my public apology to Evil Genius Husband, who has a cold -- so he doesn't feel good -- but gamely tried to eat everything anyway.

My all-day-queasiness-morning-sickness seems to be subsiding here at 10 weeks 2 days (is it that, or is there something amiss with Fiver? she thinks, breaking into a cold sweat). My moodiness is much better (even if both Sharpie and Michele made me weep all over my keyboard today) although my paranoia continues unabated (my latest non-Fiver-related obsession? Boy going off to school next year.)

And so I sit, awaiting some motivation, some eagerness to do ... something. Or at least get another book from Amazon. Hopefully (and dreadfully) Thursday will be some sort of watershed day. I'll either feel much better or much worse.

Ideally, I'll be on time, not have to wait more than a half hour, find that Fiver's nuchal measurement is under 1mm, make it to my thrift store before they close, find something grand (and cheap), and miss the bad traffic getting home.

But what are the chances of all those things happening?

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 12:49 pm   4 comments

4 Comments:

At 1:28 pm, Blogger Sharpie said...

*sending all good vibes for Fiver/motivational tendencies (although for the life of me - I don't know why you think you should have some when I have NONE and only have 2 kids and am not preggo/no traffic/goldmine haul at the Thrift store*

 
At 8:19 am, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It's Thursday, and I'm thinking of you and will continue to all day. If you don't post an update about your appointment this afternoon, AT LEAST send me an email, please!!

 
At 8:40 am, Blogger macboudica said...

It sounds like Fiver is just trying to make sure he is the memorable child, making a statement (the constant sickness) before he even arrives. I bet he will be a lively little kiddo when he gets here! I am wishing and hoping for the best of news for you today.

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Okay, Blue - it's nine o'clock on Thursday night and I've been thinking about you ALL DAY! SO!! How'd it go?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home