Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Song of Frustration

If you're wondering why I don't post ... well, it's because nothing's happening!

I doubt anyone wants to hear about my all day morning sickness - worse with this one than any of my others - (except of course Evil Genius Husband, bless him, who's forced to listen. Poor thing, he could write a paper upon returning to school entitled: "How I spent my Summer Vacation with a sick, tired, and crabby woman in her first trimester"), or about how I'm so freakin' exhausted all the time.

Because of these two items, cooking supper is usually out and EGH has taken over ALL of the barnyard chores. Both of these make me feel v. useless and frustrated.

Add to all of this that it's been bloody hot and my internal thermostat is apparently on the fritz. I'm either burning up or freezing at any given moment and the two moments can be right next to each other.

Blah, blah, blah ...

Oh and in case you're brain is straying toward the thought: "Well, gee, she sounds miserable, why did she want another baby again?", you can secure that. I'm not miserable, I'm impatient. I have lovely pregnancies and this is just a normal part. What I hate is not having the energy (or the ability to keep from retching) to DO stuff. I have tonnes of things that want doing out in the barnyard (and in the house *koff*cleaning*koff*). I need to be driving poles and stringing electric fence. I have a pig pen that isn't finished and three little pigs camped out in my sick bay!

And yes, yes , I know that in six weeks or so I'll be fine: energetic and (hopefully) free from the pukes (one great thing about working outside ... if you need to yark, well, you just yark), but right now I feel bloody useless.

I have gotten addicted to this thanks to Mare. Seriously, it is soooo cool. Everyone needs one. You can even use it if you're exhausted and queasy! When I first got it I revved it up and dismissivly thought: "I wonder how much of a so-called 'work out' this thing is?". Well, within a few minutes my whole arm was tired up to my biceps. It's really cool!

Hey ... it's Self Portrait Tuesday, isn't it? Well, I'll post a pic of 'myself' and my powerball (assuming Blogger, - damnit I love you, Blogger, and this is the only effin' thing I've ever had to complain about but it happens ALL the time - will let me upload a pic ...

Nope ... no dice. Stand by ...

This really sucks arse, Blogger, having to FTP up my own images ...



OK, there we go! Get one. I guarantee that this will be one of your three favourite little balls ...

*Edited to add: Pics of Karen's baby! Eeeeeeee! Adorable chubby cutitude! I want it to be March NOW!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 7:05 am   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 8:46 am, Blogger macboudica said...

Oh, well, at least it is not going to last forever. And March is the best time to have a baby because you are not big and pregnant (therefore extremely hot and miserable) and after you have the baby the weather gets warm right away and you can be outside right away. I had my daughter in March, EEF in Oct and the Fellers in January, and the best was definitely the spring baby. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll be feeling better soon. At least the first trimester is only three months.

 
At 2:26 pm, Blogger Miguelita said...

Ugh. In this heat I cant even imagine morning sickness too.

I can imagine a sweet little Marhc baby though! Have I told you lately how envious I am?

Hang in there girl!

 
At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thank you!!!

March will come soon--and you know it's March, and that rocks! (Speaking as someone who never had a real "due" date, ahem, LOL).

March is a really great month to have a kid. I wanted mine in March. Congrats!

Karen/Naked ovary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home