Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm here and we're Green

Ok, so ... yeah.

I'm still here for those of you who don't read my Mommy Blog. The farm is still chugging along albeit without much of my guidence since I'm preggers.

But I just wanted to post a few pics to prove that all was well. I'll be doing more farm bloggin' soon!

----

We've aquired three very nice pigs as breeding stock, two Spot / Landrace / Hampshire (supposedly) sows and a lovely Spot / Duroc boar named Green by my Bitty girl. (I have no explaination. Read the story here.)




That's Ginger, the red sow on the left; Green, center; and Bunty, the other sow on the right. See how dark red Ginger is? There has GOT to be some Duroc or something in her background. Landrace / spot cross my foot.

The pony, Izzy, looks suspiciously out from his fave drowsing spot. He keeps an eye out for unsavoury persons coming up the drive. His definition of 'unsavoury person' is anyone not bearing food.

We also have new pigeons, four peafowl (currently at large since I built their pen but never built a gate for it.*rollseyes*), and some new girl goats.

This Saturday is the sale. More pics later!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 7:34 am   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 2:18 am, Anonymous Heather said...

I'm the one who keeps checking this blog for updates...

Great looking pigs! The Jew in me actually sighed a bit that I will never raise them.

 
At 11:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would sell a reasonably useful body part for sales like you seem to have in your area. I will have a hell of a time finding, say, Romneys for our soggy field. Or Mulefoot piggies for our freezer. But I'm persistent and it'll happen. Maybe we'll even have the pens built by then.

[jealous]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home