Friday, November 03, 2006

Oh. Ugh. Bleh. *cough*

OK, so I'm doing this little poll by Pollingpoint about politics and current state of affairs in America, blah, blah, blah ...

When these two questions pop up, right in the middle, between 'how would you vote about this' and 'what do you think of the war':

"Do you have a gun in your home or garage?" and,

"Do you own or drive a pick-up truck?"

Excuse me? Number one, who keeps guns in their garage? Number two, what does my pick-up truck have to do with my politics? Isn't that just a wee bit stereotypical? Perhaps they should have a third question:

"Do you follow NASCAR? If so, which driver do you support?

  1. Dale Jr
  2. Anyone but Jeff Gordon
  3. Doesn't matter as long as he drives a Chevy
  4. Doesn't matter - the greatest driver ever was Dale Sr

I mean really!*

-----

So, all the babes are over their snots. We had one worryingly high temp that resolved itself and a spectacular bout of vomiting (courtesy of Boy, my puker) but otherwise it was brief. The Incredible Bulk is still snotting a bit but feels fine.

Of course, now I'M sick.

And how.

I feel like death warmed over. Can't breathe, head is stuffed up, coughing. Ugh.

We DID get to do Halloween, though. I learned something about Halloween make-up (buy high quality next time) and my camera (it's giving up the ghost - no pun intended - I didn't get one good pic) and the babies had a ball. We were dreadfully late due to make-up, but made it OK. Bulk and I chilled uncomfortably in my FIL's house while Evil Genius Husband took everybody around the cul-de-sac.

The most important thing is that the babies had a grand time, but I was really disappointed about the pics. Here's what I got - all are taken inside with a flash (wouldn't turn off!) so bear in mind the costumes looked a WHOLE lot better than this, particularly EGH. His costume ROCKED.

----

Bitty Girl as the cat from Newton in a Bottle (she calls this creature "catball"):

The most photogenic witch in the state:


Boy as his latest obsession: Nightcrawler (X-men 2 movie version):


And EGH as Lobo (seriously he looked SO GOOD in person):


He had to put up with dumb comments like: "Hey, you're that guy from KISS!" Uh, no ... here's Lobo. Here's Kiss's Gene Simmons. They're not even close!

----

I'll keep you updated on the illness thing (I know you're positively hanging on the edge of your seats fretting over the state of my nostril effusian) and I have a cool meme I've been working on.

*incidentally, my answers were: yes, yes, and #2

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 4:17 pm   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 11:59 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

War Eagle! My husband and I are grads from AU.

I'm sorry your kids are sick. Our lil boy is just now getting over a nasty cold. It is so tough to see him struggle (he hates the nose suckin tool). Justice gets shots this coming week-tough.

 
At 5:38 am, Blogger Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

Oooh, I was totally in luuurve with Nightcrawler. Didn't like how they made him be in the film though. Go Boy!

Ok, nerd moment over :P

A.

 
At 9:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't stop smiling looking at the costumes, but, more importantly, the enthusiasm and delight. Brings back nice memories. :-)

Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 7:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids are adorable! Your FIL's house looks so comfy...why the discomfort in a home that looks so inviting?

 
At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Stewart!!! :)
Your kids look very cute in their costumes!
----Brady's Mom

 
At 9:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it that I forget from one post to the next how breathtaking your kids are? They are just perfectly perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home