Thursday, October 12, 2006

Doctor, does this look like a pumpkin to you?

Question of the day: Why is it that if one stops for fast food for oneself one is likely to get food that is luke-warm or even cold, with fries like hard, greasy little twigs; but if one runs through the drivethrough to buy a meal for a hungry child (who's been kept out past her bedtime fetching, say, pigs, in her bare feet -- not that I'D do such a thing --) you get a complete meal that's piping, boiling, steaming HOT, so that the bag your fries are in burns your fingers when you get it out and you have to drive several miles hanging said bag of fries out the truck window to cool? Why is that? Is it one of those Universal Rules nobody bothered to brief me on?

Think about it and get back to me.

-----

Speaking of pigs, I managed a pic of the now famous Green. It's up on my Farm Blog.

Bet you had forgotten I had one of those, eh? (Blogs not boars)

----

Enough about pigs, Blue, what about the frickin' AMNIO?

Oh, yeah, that.

Well it went swimmingly. I had a different doc and a different sonographer. Everyone was friendly, warm, and efficient. Unlike the doctor last week who inserted the needle right above my pubic bone and through my c-section (times 4) scar, this bloke went in right beside my navel (as was done with all my other amnios). There was no pain and the whole stick took less than a minute.

The lovely new doctor was so concerned at my concern over the level II ultrasound last week that yeilded nothing, that he took a quick look after the amnio. Fiver was jammin' to Nickleback in her head, as usual, but we saw a few things. There's some pyelectasis (fluid in the kidneys) which is a soft marker for Down Syndrome but which both Boy and Bulk had in utero.

There was also this:





For those of you who have not spent as much time as I have squinting at ultrasound blobs: that, ladies and gentlemen, is a SCROTUM.

YES!

Mommy is a happy camper about that. Now to make it through till I get my test results. *Gnaws nails*

----

And now some gratuitus baby pics. Just because.


You can now get Bulk-In-A-Box for those who'd like to play the home game.


Or you could be invaded by hideous aliens from the planet Duplo who suck your will to clean and cause you serious foot injuries whilst trying to get to the toilet in the night.



Speaking of aliens, what the heck is this? When it first came up (it's a volunteer from our brush pile) I told Evil Genius Husband that it was a pumpkin, but then it bore this ginormous, almost-watermelon-shaped fruit that's DARK green (can you see it there in the middle?). Pumpkin? Mutant zuccini? What?!

----

PS: I uploaded a great pic of my two girls into the last post. Back up and check it out.

PPS: Sorry that this post is so very late, my ISP has been acting up all morning.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 12:53 pm   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 1:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoooHOOOO!!!! I will have to take your word for it because I couldnt even figure out my own kids ultrasounds.

Congratulations! You make such cute kids.

 
At 7:50 pm, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

LOVE the Bulk-in-the-box picture! Is that a kitty-in-the-box next to him? We also have a kitty who can constantly be found in boxes, even those far too small for his furry butt. TOO funny!

And YAY!! on the ultrasound! I'm SO relieved that you had a better experience this time around! And congrats on the gender-identification (I'm just gonna take your word for it that that's a scrotum because, frankly, I'm less than convinced). We didn't want to find out the gender of our kids before they were born. My first daughter was a surprise - I had no inkling one way or the other at all during my first pregnancy, but I knew damned near the moment I concieved Beanie that she was a girl.

Much love and celebratory hugs passed to all concerned!

p.s. - thanks for the girl pics. Your children are adorable. I kind of wish I were brave enough to actually post pictures of my children's faces on my blog. As it is, I make sure to get pics of the backs of their heads when I want to include their images on my site. Sad to have to worry about that, don't you think? Sigh.

 
At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on boy #3 Blue! I see the boy bits, we're looking at him from the bottom right? legs sticking out on either side.

I love the pic of Boy and HCTD with the legos on their fingers! Bulk is chubbylicious as usual and the pic of the girlies on the pony is sweet too! cute, cute, cute and CUTE!

 
At 9:44 am, Blogger Sharpie said...

SO true about the fast food - thing - mine is 4 days old from the freezer and theirs just came directly out of the fry-o-later. Someone should look into that.

Congrats on the newest addition - boy, oh boy.

Your kids are SO adorable.

 
At 5:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on fiver having a sroctum. I love your blog and want to live on your farm!!!

 
At 9:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kids???? SCRUMPTIOUS!

Congrats on adding another boy to the brood!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home