Friday, December 08, 2006

Google me, baby! [UPDATED]

Ohhhh ... new Blogger.

Shiny.

Or should we call it Bloggoogle?

I haven't actually had a chance to muck about with it so expect either high praise or crabby bitching here soon.

BTW, I am aware that my archives are not working. They've never worked. I shall endevour today to get Bloggoogle to help me fix 'em.

I actually have emailed them twice about it but got the tinned response of some bored NON-technical-minded telephone rep who was just looking through a database for an appropriate 'answer'. Like when I used to be a telelphone and computer technician. I worked with PCs all day. It was my job. I was solely responsible for about 200 machines. I'm no computer whiz, but I had the basic working knowledge.

I'd ring Dell and get some twinkie with her eye on the clock and I'd be saying: "Yes, whenever I push ctrl/alt/del smoke pours out of the back!" and she'd snap her gum (keyboard clicking in the background) (pause) and go: "See the little button in the lower left hand corner that says 'start'? Click that and hit 'restart computer'. Give us a call back if that doesn't fix it!"

Gosh! Why didn't I ever think of that?!

Anyway, I'll be back later. Keep your eyes peeled for a new farm blog entry: Pig Races!

-----

UPDATE:

HAH! *does awkward happy dance* Who da woman? I think I have gotten everything fixed! It's amazing what one can do while awaiting 'official' help from the 'experts'.

Go on ... click an archive link. Click it!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:17 am   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who has a "Happy Dance"! I also have an "Ecstasy Dance," and, no, it has nothing to do with drugs. ;-)

Congrats on gettin' the archive issues straightened out. Maybe you should be the tech support for Blogger?

 
At 7:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Blue Baby - what do you know about html? I've moved my blogs to WordPress (because I was sick of blogger losing my posts) and I want to figure out how to do some fun things (like underline book titles. Hey, I'm an English teacher - I have a warped definition of "fun"). I'm THIS close to hiring someone to "muck about" with my blogs to make them do what I want because, while I may be a whiz at English, computer language is completely foreign to me..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home