Saturday, June 15, 2013

OMG, I so totally need a "rah-rah" right now.

Last Thursday was the last day of school, so all the kids, my hubby, and I, are all off (have been since then).   Well, I have a hard time just being still.  This is exacerbated by my anxiety disorder.  If i can just submerge my brain into something  - crochet, reading, watching a film - then I'm golden ... for a while.

Reading a good book is best.  If I have muh cuz, Joe Hill, (or Kathy Reichs, or Tess Gerritsen, or Stephen King ...) or my newest obsession, George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series (highly recommended.  I've never seen the show and the book, though it starts off very slow, gets better and better!) I can stay still and peaceful for about 10-15 minutes at a time.

But no matter what I try that's about it.  After that time I just gotta move. My mind flies around inside my head like a bird in a small room, battering itself against the walls.  I obsess.  Latest example: cleaning the house.

See, I'm a hoarder.  I scavenge whatever I see and keep everything.

I know what I am and try very very hard to throw stuff away.  I much prefer donating it or repurposing it.   my problem is time. i never seem to have time for the 987 projects milling uneasily around in my head like cattle in a stockyard.  subsequently I seem never to get to anything, get to use the cool stuff I've acquired, and my house is ... well, "cluttered" is being polite.

ANYway, my obsession of the moment is getting my house clean.  The last few weeks of school I tried to work every day I could and - true to my nature - also tried to scavenge everything I could get from the teachers trying to tidy up their rooms.

The horrific result is that my house and my car are full of STUFF. Cluttered with stuff.  Not only the stuff that was there before but the accumulated flotsam and jetsam of my scavenging AND the result of my not being there to clean.

Bleh!

Any other hoarders out there?  Is it possible to ever get ones house clean?  Any advice i can get would be much appreciated!


Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 5:20 pm   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home