Sunday, January 30, 2005

Having a cold, being cold, just COLD!

Today I'm not blogging about being ill 'cause I'm tired of being sick and sick of blogging about it!

We lost power last night during the sleet. This is officially Not Good. 120 year old house, poor insulation, freezing temps outside ... you get the drift.

Unfortunately Boy woke up scared - it's amazing how dark it gets way out in the country - but he got back to sleep fairly quickly when I found him a battery powered nightlight. I wasn't so lucky. I lie awake for ages feeling the house get colder and colder and wondering when I should use the last of our wood to fire up the wood-stove in the parlour.

Just after I had crept, shivering, downstairs, checked on the babies for the 3rd time, and decided that it was too cold for them to sleep, the lights came back on. Thank goodness for Newberry Electric Company! You guys rock.

One good thing came out of all this: Despite lack of sleep and a wracking cough I nipped outside to take this cool (no pun intended) artsy-fartsy type pic:



Those of you who take pictures, please don't laugh. I never claimed to be a photographer.

One last thing: I have been working on the page for my Cloth Diapering FAQ. I hope to have it finished this week. Of course I also plan to not have hacked up a lung. Hmmm ... we'll see.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 5:27 pm   2 comments

2 Comments:

At 7:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been sick, but I must say I'm glad you've gotten over blogging about it. Down with mucus, I say, or up, however the case may be. Love this picture. It's a one in a lifetime shot...the ice, the geese, the way you framed it. It's a wowsy, wow, wow, piece of art. I usually stop by your other blog then come over here. I'm glad I did. Cate

 
At 10:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commented on what a neat picture this is yesterday, but it never posted. Just in case, you didn't get it, I wanted you to know this picture is beautiful--looks like a once in a lifetime shot. Sorry you've been ailing and had no power and can't take medicine. A Faithful, but usually silent, reader. Cate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home