Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday #5 (on Wednesday)

Sorry this is a day late. I had it done yesterday but our effin' DSL went down in the afternoon ...

I really like this pic:



I like it because it's got external elements in that describe me; my incredibly ugly, incredibly comfortable ("I am never taking these off. I'm going to sleep in these."*) RICS clogs from the Tractor Supply, one of my dozen or so planters/pots that are on and around my back door (this one is a dark gold mum), and our concrete hare, left by the former owners (along with a live dog, 2 cats, 4 goats and a pony) that helped inspire the name of our house: The Burrow.

Five things I am so grateful for:

1) My Evil Genius Husband, my Superman (to my Kryptonite), even though sometimes he am Bizarro.

2) My fabulous sweet, smart, well-behaved, and helpful children.

3) My home. It is in every way the house of my dreams and suits my personality perfectly.

4) My lifestyle. I'm incredibly lucky to be able to stay home with my children, homestead, piss about on the internet with cool ladies, and make a tiny bit of extra cash selling tee shirts that I have almost childish fun making.

5) My family (such as they are) and EGH's family.

* bonus points to anyone who got that reference

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 8:26 am   5 comments

5 Comments:

At 8:35 am, Blogger Miguelita said...

I like this picture too for exactly those reasons.

I got the ugly shoes too. In pink. On my giant Size 10's. Love 'em.

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger Miguelita said...

Bonus round -
The Big Chill. When they all got their new sneakers. William Hurt.

 
At 9:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got a pair of tarheel blue crocs that i LOOOOVE!! I bought them when i was preg. last year in Asheville and couldn't decide on a color--bought blue for the blue baby i was having.
cool photo.
amy

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger macboudica said...

Well, I have to admit I don't have that particular pair of ugly shoes, but I do have ugly/comfy shoes of different varieties. That is mostly all I own.

 
At 2:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, I'm the only woman on the planet that has no Crocs. I think I need to investigate this whole ugly shoe phenomenon. There seems to be something to it.

I'm out of the bonus round. I know much about many things but movies is not my forte'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home