Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Just, ya know, stuff

First, happy Fourth! Yay, America!

Everyone please be safe today.

And now on to just some random stuff:

Does this pic look weird to you?

It's an advert for one touch shopping at the Piggly Wiggly (that's a supermarket chain down here) and I swear that's a mutant hand. I mean really. First off, it's teensy. I understand that I have rather big hands for a woman, but Sweet Mother of Stan Lee ... that lady's hand is almost as narrow as her wrist. Also, I don't know about you, but my fingers curve inward toward the centre of my palm so that when I duplicate that gesture, my fingers overlay each other and slant right-to-left downward. Her fingers are perfectly straight up and down. It's creepy! Her thumb seems to be rotated awkwardly outward, too.

Photoshopp'd?

-----

And this little gem was cut from a local paper. It's a wedding announcement.



Yes. Her name is that. That is her name. 'Toilet' plus 'A'. Toilet-uh. Toiletta.

On an interesting side note, I worked with a chick (same town) named LaTrina. 'Latrine' plus 'A'. Perhaps loo-related names are catching.

I also worked with a Demonica.

People will be naming their children after stuff out of HP Lovecraft or comic books here soon!

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 1:49 pm   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 9:18 pm, Blogger Pam said...

My husband worked with a woman named (here's the phonetic spelling): feh-mall-lee.

Spelled: Female

 
At 7:53 am, Blogger Sharpie said...

I can actually make my hand look just like that - but as I've told you before I have effed up body parts.

The names KILL me!!

 
At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crazy naming game is so amusing.
My friend teaches in good ole ELGIN, SC, and she has some interesting kids in her classes whom i have met during a lunch visit;

Trebla (daddy's name is Albert--trebla spelled backwards)
Reba McEntire (the poor little girl thinks she IS Reba)
Bud Weiser (heard that one before but never met a "real" one).
There were the car names: Porcha and maxima.
but i wasn't luck enough to meet any named after the toilet!
amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home