Monday, August 11, 2008

Doubtful Duds?

It was brought to my attenton that I hadn't blogged in, like, forever (*waves at Jodi*) and I realised it was true. Dang.

I guess between my being busy, my being on so many bulletin boards, including my own, plus Twitter, I can just yak all day about whatever I need to, whenever it occurs to me.



Well, I promise to pay better attention to the blog. Heck, school starts in less than two weeks. That aughta give me PLENTY of crap to bitch about, lol!



Here's something right here. What the Blue Heck is up with this?



"SEATTLE - A 6-foot-tall, 250-pound letter carrier is campaigning for the right to take off his pants. Dean Peterson wants the U.S. Postal Service to add kilts as a uniform option for men.


The idea was soundly defeated in July at a convention of his union, the 220,000-member National Letter Carriers' Association, so Peterson knows convincing management will be an uphill struggle, but at least he'll be comfortable in his kilt, or Male Unbifurcated Garment.


"In one word, it's comfort," he said.


With his build, Peterson said, his thighs fill slacks to capacity, causing chafing and scarring.
Peterson, 48, has Finnish and Norwegian ancestry but not Scottish. He began wearing kilts a couple years ago when his wife brought one back from a trip to Scotland. (A spokeswoman for Britain's Royal Mail said kilts are not allowed as part of its letter carrier uniforms.)



Now Peterson wears them everywhere — to one son's football games, the other son's concerts, shopping and gardening."


(snip)



""Unbifurcated Garments are far more comfortable and suitable to male anatomy than trousers or shorts because they don't confine the legs or cramp the male genitals the way that trousers or shorts do," he wrote. "Please open your hearts — and inseams — for an option in mail carrier comfort!"


The union's executive committee recommended disapproval, saying there was not enough demand for kilts to be worth the bother of the resolution, and delegates agreed by a large margin.


But Peterson said there are plenty of approved uniform items that very few mail carriers wear, including a cardigan sweater, vest and pith helmet. He said many convention delegates did express support after his resolution was voted down."



WTF?! Who gives a great flying very bad word at the moon if a bloke wears a kilt? And I'm not just saying this as a proud Scottish American, here.
Proud Scottish American St Andrews flag Scotland t-shirts, gifts Evil Genius Tees


As long as his bits are covered and the garment is businesslike, who cares? Here's a pic of Peterson in his proposed official USPS kilt:


Dean Peterson, Seattle WA US postal service wants kilts as uniforms
That looks like a perfectly acceptable form of dress to me. Can't they wear shorts? What's the difference? This has got to be some bizarre male stereotyping thing because there is no logical explaination why they would say no.

This is particularly stupid: "The union's executive committee recommended disapproval, saying there was not enough demand for kilts to be worth the bother of the resolution."

What? You're meeting right that second. Just effing approve it.

So my conclusion? National Letter Carrier's Association: FAIL!

-----

One last note: many of you know that after my last child was born (March '07) I lost a huge amount of weight (121lbs). Well, at the holidays I gave myself a break and stopped actively trying to lose weight. Well, since about March I have been piddling about and making NO progress jump starting my diet again (I need to lose 20 more lbs).

I was Googling along last week checking out the recommended carbs for a healthy diet and I came across this diet. I posted about it on my forums if you'd like to follow my progress (or comment!) It's pretty cool and thrifty, too.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 10:18 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home