Sunday, July 24, 2005

Happy camper

Nothing exciting to report. Actually everything is going so well over here I'm waiting suspiciously for the next bad thing to happen.

It's been beastly hot but I've managed to make it up to the barnyard a few times to work on fences. It's honestly nice to get the excercise even if it is making my bad knee hurt like a ^#$&*.
It's also mind-clearing. I've always found that working in the barnyard was theraputic. You're completely alone. You can think. Unlike working in your yard - weeding, pruning, planting, mowing - your handiwork in the barnyard can't be readily observed (and judged) by others. If you have to leave a hedge half-way pruned, a hundred people drive by and see it. If you don't finish planting the geraniums, your mother-in-law makes a little comment next time she's over. If it takes you six months (or *ahem* 3 years) to stretch a fence or build a hay-rack that's between you and your goats.

Oh, and speaking of goats ... I'll try to have a pic of the new LaMancha buck soon. He's such a cutie!

----

Inside the house is mostly serene as well. Long Tall Drink of Water Son is doing great, a bit gassy, but nothing earth-shattering. He's been sleeping quite well and will doze from 9pm to about 4 or 5am before demanding to be fed.

My 6 week post partum checkup went flawlessly. I weighed 3 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight - a loss of 50lbs - but am not too excited as I have 60 more to lose. *sigh* But the doc did give me the go-ahead to have sex! Sex! I kept my expression carefully neutral. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Evil Genius Husband and I have been doing the nasty since I was 2 weeks post partum.

And lastly, Tall Girl has proven me hopelessly paranoid by continuing to stay dry and use the toilet unassisted. She's even sleeping in her big girl bed in the room with Boy over nap-time. So I guess the 'oops' a week ago was just that: and 'oops' and nothing to get hysterical over. Uh, yeah ... I knew that ...

----

Oh, before I go ... I wanted to give a big huge {{{hug}}} and a thank you to my commentors.

You guys may not realize this but I really appreciate your input. I read it all very carefully and it really helps. Everything from the simple "you go girl" to the been-there-done-that-here's-what-I-did advice is taken to heart. I can't thank you enough. You people rock.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 6:24 am   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 12:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow South Carolinian! I'm a SAHM mom to 3 (ages 15months, 6, and 11) Ain't life grand? I've been lurking and reading your blog for a while. I totally enjoy it! I am not looking forward to potty training this little guy...the older two girls were a breeze for the most part..but this guy? OH man.

Keep up the good work!!

 
At 3:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to heartily LMAO about being given the go-ahead for sex! I, too, lasted only about 2 weeks this time. What they don't know won't hurt us...< evil grin >

Your little guy is just delicious, by the way. Ah, but the tiny ones give me the bug!

Michelle, hs mommy to 5

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger Carrie said...

Glad to hear things are moving along swimmingly. :) Baby Banner is adorable, BTW!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home