Monday, January 16, 2006

Are we there yet?

Apologies for taking so long to post again. There were some days in there where it was hard for me to just go about my day much less get on the computer.

The babies are all recovering, thank goodness. They only have a few days left on their antibiotics. We're still battling bad diarrhea with loads of yoghurt (I've taken to hiding it in their milk) and the Incredible Bulk has a v. bad yeast nappie rash, poor thing. He always has been thrushy so I was kind of prepared.

Speaking of yeast, I have managed to spread that to myself (and you ladies know how much fun that is!) ... on top of the flu and the sinus infection. I think the only thing left that I haven't contracted is malaria.

I've been feverishly (no pun intended) cleaning and getting everything ready for Dad's arrival.

Unfortunately, my house hasn't really been cleaned since Thanksgiving. The kitchen and the main bathroom are the only rooms I've tackled in that time. So it's a wreck. So I've been scrubbing and sweeping and hoovering.

Mum came by yesterday and helped and Evil Genius Husband actually weighed in and did a superb job with his assignments.

Still ... It's a big house.

-----

Dad has his final appointments tomorrow, so, again, if you planned on visiting he might very well be gone all day. Give him a ring to see if he might be there in the morning.

Wednesday is check-out day! YAY! You have no idea how anxious Dad is to leave that place. I won't be up there until 11 (at the earliest) and wish I could get there sooner. But that will give any of you wonderful local people who have been so supportive a chance to see him before he goes south to recuperate.

Can anyone think of anything I may have forgotten? Something I may not have thought of? Things to make the move smoother?

We're going by Dad's house (at his request) to see the animals and pick up some things. I know that's going to be tough, but he wants to go and I think he should.

-----

Jeez what a rambly post! Oh well, more later. Hope everyone enjoyed their 3 day week-end.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 2:45 pm   3 comments

3 Comments:

At 8:06 pm, Blogger Carrie said...

((((HUGS)))) Flu hit our house this weekend, and I don't know how we're getting through it (all three of us got sick)... You are a super hero for getting through it in your own household, along with the other stuff!!!

Best wishes to your Dad on his recovery!

 
At 2:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the household sickness - this too shall pass. VERY glad to hear Jerre is coming south on Wednesday. When things settle down, we'll make the journey to SC for a visit.

Steelman

 
At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have you beat again tomorrow the little one goes in for ear tubes. Can't wait...NOT!!!!!!! Glad everyone is getting better. I never thought of putting it in her milk....GOOD IDEA!!!! Glad your dad is coming home. I think both the kids and him will benefit in the end. Give us a ring if you need any help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home