Wednesday, January 18, 2006

This is what happens when I think

One of my father's cats, Amelia, just recently (and suddenly) fell ill. She's always been healthy, subject only to hairballs. Well, K rushed her to the vet as soon as she became ill and it turns out she had peritonitis. Peritonitis is tricky at best and Amelia was an older cat so there was nothing the vet could do.

I'm so sorry that Amelia's gone and Dad is understandably sick about it. I am glad that K was there (very glad!) and I'm glad there was a good local vet to take her to.

If you're wondering why I'm sharing this with you this morning it's because I just read this and it made me think.

Why is it that almost every pet owner in America would expect - would demand - that a veterinarian be prepared and able to put his or her pet down if the animal showed any signs of untreatable pain and yet a large portion of these same people are against assisted suicide???

So you don't want Fluffy to be in agony from a terrible infection but Grandma, who lives every second of every day in pain from cancer, should not be able to take her own life of her own volition with dignity and medical assistance??

What the heck? Am I the only person who sees the screwed-upedness here?

-----

OK, there's Blue's Mini-Rant for this morning. Discuss.

I'll be back home tonight with Dad tucked under my arm ... lord willin' and the crick don't rise.

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 5:38 am   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home