Friday, July 07, 2006

Lethargy ... overcoming me ...

Just a quickie, 'cause absolutely nothing's been happening. I'm having a "Meh" week. It's kind of like a "Blah" week except you feel fine and are in good spirits but you can't be arsed to do anything.

I've been waking in the middle of the night (about 3) them am unable to go back to sleep, I'm tired all day, and I have absolutely no incentive to do anything. It's a lovely cool day right now and I can't get up the energy to get myself another caffeine free diet coke* much less go outside and plant my plants/work on the pantry/put up the new dog lot/etc/etc/etc (Insert one of a million things that want doing.)

Meh.

(edited to add: and thirsty. I seem to be thirsty all the time. What's up with that? Tired and thirsty? Must consult Dr Google ...)

Oh, I did discover something about my teensy baby Bulk (currently upwards of 26lbs at 12 months.) He seems to be v. sensitive to insect bites. Remember this?

Well check his right ear out: (sorry the pic is so blurry ... and yes, he's filthy ... and yes, he's chewing on a pencil. What can I say? I'm a great mom. *snort*)



Little Opie? His ears are big but they're not normally THAT big! I have no idea what bit/stung him. He got up from his nap like that. I would ordinarily assume it had been a wasp or a bee, but I've noticed that when the bubs go outside to play - and everyone gets a mosquito bite or two - his bites will swell hugely and get an angry red. None of this seems to bother him much, though (as evindenced in the photo). He swipes at the itchy bites every now and then but otherwise is fine. I wonder if he'll grow out of it?

Speaking of growing, I snapped a pic of Bitty in a pensive mood:



We just watched Narnia and I was stunned at how much like my Bitty Girl that young actress who played Lucy looked. True story: I pulled up her (her name is Georgie Henley) page on IMDb and Bitty pointed at the actress's pic and said: "Bitty!" Of course she's quite a bit older than Bitty, but I'll bet pics of her at age two would be startlingly similar.

And speaking of startling ...

Evil Genius Husband is inordinately fond of mucking about with his hair and beard - trying different lengths and styles. Well he's on a new lets-grow-everything-out kick and I just had to show him off:


We call this his turn-of-the-last-century-president look! His hair's so long I have to put it up in an elastic when he does the chores (he snickeringly refers to this a 'girlifying'). I say all he needs is a Harley and some tats.


*part of my new regime with TTC - I've cut out all caffeine except my half-caff morning coffee. (no, the extreme fatigue didn't start till long after I cut out the caffeine)

Bookmark and Share
posted by MrsEvilGenius @ 11:34 am   6 comments

6 Comments:

At 4:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blue

have you checked your blood sugar levels?

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger MrsEvilGenius said...

Hmmm ... my blood usually runs quite low (low 60s fasting) and I haven't checked it lately.

*searches for Evil Genius Husband's monitor*

 
At 11:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

might you be pregnant Blue?

 
At 8:14 am, Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

The bug bite thing? I've got it, too. From the looks of me after I (unwillingly) imitate a mosquito buffet, you'd think I was in agony of either pain or itching, but I don't think that my hugely swollen and impressively red bites are any more or less annoying than anyone else's; it's just that my body overreacts to them. Try a little topical antihistamine if it bothers you, but if it doesn't bother Bulk, let him be.

And update about the lethargy, please.

 
At 9:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blue

in regards to the blood sugar levels. Have you had any blood work done? Usually, the symptoms for diabetes is tiredness and thirst. Hope it is just a phase for you. You've got 4 children. It may be that you just need a little break from all the 'around home' activities that you do. Good luck!

 
At 9:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. You've cut out caffeine and you're on a severe diet. Could these things be related to your lathargy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home